Rightmove injects drama into property data
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 24 July 2012 11:30AM
Property listings website Rightmove has launched an interactive digital campaign that casts prospective sellers and landlords in the role of spies gathering intelligence on the housing market.
The campaign lures people to the Rightmove landing page where they are asked to choose their mission – sell or let their home – and are shown a short video in the style of a thriller.
The film features a man in a suit, who is driven to a mystery building. He goes to the roof, where he interacts with a virtual 'Minority Report'-style touchscreen display bearing Rightmove branding.
The viewer is then prompted to enter the postcode of their property, which calls up Google Street View images showing their local area as well as local market data from Rightmove.
The briefing continues with the chance to steer around a virtual helicopter for a bird’s eye view of amenities in their area on Google Maps.
The campaign was created by Balloon Dog's creative director Cordell Burke and head of digital Ben Sturgess.
Burke said: "Our campaign combines film and the latest digital capabilities to give Rightmove consumers not only the Market Intelligence to sell and let faster, but also a truly unique and engaging experience."Follow @DanFareyJones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - various accounts - up to £30k + bens Barker Graves Up to £30k plus bens, Central London
- Account Manager - Global Omnichannel Marketing Analytics Leader Recruitment Revolution £25,000 to £35,000 + 10% bonus + pension, Brighton, East Sussex
- Community Marketing Coordinator - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Advertising Technology Executive - Media Owner (Music & Ents) Silverdrum Up to £35,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- BBC social media manager calls for brands to add value
- Dave Trott: Great advertising isn't just gimmicks
- Johnny Fearless closes after client departure
- WPP launches Xaxis Audio with Global
- Google aims to hold brands' hands with 'programmatic playbook'
- Manning Gottlieb OMD, MediaCom and PHD head shortlist for 2015 Thinkbox TV Planning Awards