Sky recruits Harry Redknapp to front fantasy football campaign
Harry Redknapp, the former Tottenham Hotspur manager, and his wife Sandra are to feature in a series of three ads for Sky Sports as the start of its fantasy football season nears.
The Sky Sports Fantasy Football competition allows registered consumers to win up to £25,000 by selecting their 11 players in a preferred formation, with a budget of £75m.
The supporting campaign will show Redknapp making the tough call of who to pick for his Sky Sports Fantasy Football team, calling on his wife and pet British bulldog to aid him in the decision-making process.
The marketing activity breaks on 6 August, with the TV ads running across sports programmes and channels, including Sky Sports, supported by digital and social media campaign.
Facebook activity includes Redknapp revealing his team on the social networking site, for consumers to engage with and challenge.
Edward Moss, Sky betting and gaming marketing director, said: "It's great to have Harry on board ahead of the new season.
"Nobody can deny that he has been a great top-flight manager, but now we'll get to see if he can emulate his real-life achievements in the world of Sky Sports Fantasy Football."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Producer - Top Social Media agency The Industry Club London Ltd 50K plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Project Manager -Summer freelance Contracts The Industry Club London Ltd Various, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - freelance Stopgap £135 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Technical Account Manager - AdServer / DSP Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Client Services Account Manager - Digtial Media Ultimate Asset £24000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Spotify parts ways with European leader Chris Maples
- Campaign Viral Chart: New Yorkers nod to Derek Jeter
- Senior adland figures launch star-studded campaign against Scottish independence
- Channel 4 and Magnum Mini partner for 'sweet' 9pm film sponsorship
- 6 ads that made... Bartle Bogle Hegarty
- O2 dog turns hip hop for Big Bundles