Sky recruits Harry Redknapp to front fantasy football campaign
Harry Redknapp, the former Tottenham Hotspur manager, and his wife Sandra are to feature in a series of three ads for Sky Sports as the start of its fantasy football season nears.
The Sky Sports Fantasy Football competition allows registered consumers to win up to £25,000 by selecting their 11 players in a preferred formation, with a budget of £75m.
The supporting campaign will show Redknapp making the tough call of who to pick for his Sky Sports Fantasy Football team, calling on his wife and pet British bulldog to aid him in the decision-making process.
The marketing activity breaks on 6 August, with the TV ads running across sports programmes and channels, including Sky Sports, supported by digital and social media campaign.
Facebook activity includes Redknapp revealing his team on the social networking site, for consumers to engage with and challenge.
Edward Moss, Sky betting and gaming marketing director, said: "It's great to have Harry on board ahead of the new season.
"Nobody can deny that he has been a great top-flight manager, but now we'll get to see if he can emulate his real-life achievements in the world of Sky Sports Fantasy Football."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Sky's Harry's Back fantasy football campaign goes live
- News Corp and BSkyB invest in TV streaming company Roku
- Sky's annual profits climb 17% to £1.19bn in record year
- Sky appeals for Now TV trademark issue to go to Europe
- Sky poaches Liz Darran for senior marketing role
- BSkyB's Now TV to launch tomorrow
- Global appoints Sky Media for Heart and Capital TV ad sales
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- PPC Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, Brighton
- Senior Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP45000 - GBP50000 per annum, London
- Account Director - Design and Brand Identity Search Very Competitive to £55K, Greater London
- eCommerce Optimisation Manager PFJ £50000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + great benefits, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.