Sky recruits Harry Redknapp to front fantasy football campaign
Harry Redknapp, the former Tottenham Hotspur manager, and his wife Sandra are to feature in a series of three ads for Sky Sports as the start of its fantasy football season nears.
The Sky Sports Fantasy Football competition allows registered consumers to win up to £25,000 by selecting their 11 players in a preferred formation, with a budget of £75m.
The supporting campaign will show Redknapp making the tough call of who to pick for his Sky Sports Fantasy Football team, calling on his wife and pet British bulldog to aid him in the decision-making process.
The marketing activity breaks on 6 August, with the TV ads running across sports programmes and channels, including Sky Sports, supported by digital and social media campaign.
Facebook activity includes Redknapp revealing his team on the social networking site, for consumers to engage with and challenge.
Edward Moss, Sky betting and gaming marketing director, said: "It's great to have Harry on board ahead of the new season.
"Nobody can deny that he has been a great top-flight manager, but now we'll get to see if he can emulate his real-life achievements in the world of Sky Sports Fantasy Football."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Planner - Charity / DM - Award-winning London agency - to £35k Fill Recruitment £35k plus superb benefits and bonus opportunity!, London (Greater)
- Freelance Account Manager/ Senior Account Manager Prospect Resourcing Ltd £150 - £200 per day, London (Greater)
- Digital Creative Director - (Copy) £75,000 London EC2 Mark Paine Recruitment to £75,000 plus benefits, EC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- SEO Manager - Client-side! Leading UK Lifestyle Publisher! Ultimate Asset £45000 per annum, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Sales Manager - Video, Mobile & TV plus some management Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account