Sky recruits Harry Redknapp to front fantasy football campaign
Harry Redknapp, the former Tottenham Hotspur manager, and his wife Sandra are to feature in a series of three ads for Sky Sports as the start of its fantasy football season nears.
The Sky Sports Fantasy Football competition allows registered consumers to win up to £25,000 by selecting their 11 players in a preferred formation, with a budget of £75m.
The supporting campaign will show Redknapp making the tough call of who to pick for his Sky Sports Fantasy Football team, calling on his wife and pet British bulldog to aid him in the decision-making process.
The marketing activity breaks on 6 August, with the TV ads running across sports programmes and channels, including Sky Sports, supported by digital and social media campaign.
Facebook activity includes Redknapp revealing his team on the social networking site, for consumers to engage with and challenge.
Edward Moss, Sky betting and gaming marketing director, said: "It's great to have Harry on board ahead of the new season.
"Nobody can deny that he has been a great top-flight manager, but now we'll get to see if he can emulate his real-life achievements in the world of Sky Sports Fantasy Football."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager - Brand Accounts!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + c/a, South East England
- Senior Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + car or c/a, London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham