Adidas boosts Olympic sponsorship with Metro deal
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 July 2012 08:00AM
Adidas, the official sportswear partner of London 2012, is coverwrapping the Metro newspaper for 17 consecutive days during the Olympics, its biggest-ever print campaign.
The £2 million deal will see 17 collectable covers featuring Team GB athletes that were produced by illustrators and artists.
Created by Sid Lee in association with The Church of London, each ad will showcase a Team GB athlete relevant to that day’s competition. Athletes to feature include Jessica Ennis, Sir Chris Hoy, Bradley Wiggins and Tom Daley.
Carat was responsible for the media buying.Follow @Jezzalee
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Analysis Manager Ninesharp £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Communications Manager (Instore Marketing) - Top 4 Food Retailer Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Bradford, West Yorkshire
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Instagram partners with Omnicom to launch ad service in the UK
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account