Time Out considers move to freesheet
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 July 2012 11:00AM
Time Out, the London-based weekly listings magazine, is working on plans to convert the title into a free weekly.
Possible changes include an update to its content so that the print edition complements the website. However, it is understood that a final decision on the free move has yet to be taken.
The changes would result in the print edition containing fewer listings and more content, such as features and reviews, funded by advertising.
The magazine has shown a decline in circulation in recent years, falling from 87,308 in the second half of 2007 to 55,032 by the end of 2011.
It is understood that Time Out is looking to increase its online presence to take advantage of the Underground Wi-Fi that has been installed for the Olympics.
Since Time Out's launch in 1968, the Time Out Group has expanded to publish listings for other cities, travel guidebooks and guides to specific aspects of cities.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager/Account Director Reuben Sinclair £40000 - £55000 per hour + Bonus + Excellent Benefits, London
- Head of Digital Design. #BANNERCAMPAIGNS #EMAILDESIGNS Creative Recruitment £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- JUNIOR DIGITAL DESIGNER #ESHOTS #WEBDESIGN #SOCIALMEDIA Creative Recruitment £25000 per annum, London