Nissan searches for agency to handle social media brief
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 July 2012 11:05AM
Nissan Motors is seeking an agency to handle its social media account across Europe, Africa, the Middle East and India.
A request for information has been issued to agencies ahead of a pitch for the business.
The car-maker is looking for an agency to handle its Twitter, Facebook and other social media activity on a full-time basis across the region. The appointed shop will also be expected to work with agencies in local markets.
Nissan currently works with TBWA\London, TMW and AKQA on its advertising and digital accounts in the UK. These relationships are unaffected by the review.
The Publicis-owned agency D2NA works with Nissan across Europe. D2NA was behind the car-maker's recent social media campaign to support the launch of the Nissan Leaf, the first 100 per cent electric vehicle, in Europe.
"The big turn on" launched across France, the UK, the Netherlands and Germany, and aimed to encourage consumers to support their own city's bid to win a new electric driving infrastructure from Nissan. Consumers could pledge their commitment by clicking a button and signing up to test drive a Leaf.
Earlier this month, AKQA launched a campaign to highlight how the Leaf is six times cheaper to run than petrol-fuelled vehicles.
Nissan was unavailable for comment.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Field Manager - Experiential Agency - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £34k, west london
- Senior Account Director/Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £48000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Digital Lead with Integrated Agency Gemini Search £60000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
- Product Manager - Global Automotive Giant - Berkshire Ninesharp £40000 - £50000 per annum + Great Benefits and Brand Car, Slough
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads