Pop-up agency for college-leavers launches
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 July 2012 10:45AM
Commercial Break, a new initiative to encourage young college-leavers from under-privileged backgrounds to enter the ad business, has launched a pop-up agency.
The Commercial Break agency has opened its doors with a brief from the video game company Ubisoft, which is behind releases including Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed.
Thirty students, aged 18 and 19, from colleges across London applied for the eight positions on the team and will work in space provided by Southwark College. The aim is to create an ad campaign to support the launch of a Ubisoft game in the autumn.
The Commercial Break initiative is the brainchild of James Hillhouse, a freelance planner who previously worked at DDB, and Susie Burdekin, a consultant at the coaching company Drill.
A second phase of the initiative will support the team in finding paid internships following work on the Ubisoft brief. Hillhouse is in talks with agencies in an attempt to secure placements.
Mark Slaughter, the head of brand marketing at Ubisoft, said: "We believe the participants will bring a fresh perspective."Follow @Darbs73
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood