Sky talks to brands about sharing data
Sky Media, BSkyB's ad sales house, is talking to brands about how they could use TV viewing data from Sky IQ to develop their businesses.
It is understood that Sky has begun talks with brands to explore how Sky IQ data could complement information held by brands, such as loyalty scheme data.
Companies including Waitrose are said to be interested in the prospect of merging their data with the viewing behaviour available from Sky's customer intelligence arm.
Sources stressed that, if the plans go ahead, individual viewing data will not be shared with third parties and the information will be aggregated anonymously.
In addition, Sky would only provide information in line with consent and permissions agreed by Sky customers.
Sky IQ was formerly owned by the information services company Experian, but it became a joint venture between Sky and Experian in 2010. Sky bought Experian's half of the business in 2011.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Frontend Developer Digital Gurus £30000 - £50000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits Available, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Designer / Web Designer Guru Careers £Neg. (DOE) + Excellent Benefits, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire / Ely, Cambridgeshire / Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire / Peterborough, Camb...
- Senior Brand Strategy Consultant Elizabeth Norman International £35000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Qualitative - Global Brand Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £75000 - £120000 per annum + Performance related bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred