JWT London scoops Kit Kat UK digital brief
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 July 2012 11:15AM
JWT London has been appointed by Nestlé to handle the UK digital marketing account for the Kit Kat brand.
The agency won the business after a competitive pitch against We Are Social, Blast Radius and Frank, with the incumbent, Skive, pulling out earlier in the review.
JWT has handled the Kit Kat advertising account since the chocolate brand's creation. The agency invented the strapline "Have a break. Have a Kit Kat", with the first-ever ad to feature the famous line appearing in 1957.
The new assignment means JWT will also be responsible for digital activity including Kit Kat's website, online advertising and social media execution, including community management across Kit Kat's social media platforms such as Facebook.
James Whitehead, an executive partner at JWT London, said: "Kit Kat is a great prize - it's already among the top ten most-engaged brands on Facebook and we will be helping Nestlé achieve their ambition to turn this much-loved brand into a world-class operator digitally."
Kit Kat is the fourth-largest UK chocolate brand with estimated sales of £120 million in 2011, according to Mintel.Follow @Jezzalee
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing / Customer Development Manager PSD Group Up to £60K + discretionary bonus, London
- Account Director (part-time) Beyond The Book £40000-£55000 pro-rata, Bedfordshire
- Social Media Manager Lady Geek £23,000 - £26,000 pa (dependent on experience), London
- Artworker - Junior Major Players £20000 - £23000 per annum, Swindon
- Senior Account Manager Stonor £30,000 - £35,000, London / Surrey
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?