JWT London scoops Kit Kat UK digital brief
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 July 2012 11:15AM
JWT London has been appointed by Nestlé to handle the UK digital marketing account for the Kit Kat brand.
The agency won the business after a competitive pitch against We Are Social, Blast Radius and Frank, with the incumbent, Skive, pulling out earlier in the review.
JWT has handled the Kit Kat advertising account since the chocolate brand's creation. The agency invented the strapline "Have a break. Have a Kit Kat", with the first-ever ad to feature the famous line appearing in 1957.
The new assignment means JWT will also be responsible for digital activity including Kit Kat's website, online advertising and social media execution, including community management across Kit Kat's social media platforms such as Facebook.
James Whitehead, an executive partner at JWT London, said: "Kit Kat is a great prize - it's already among the top ten most-engaged brands on Facebook and we will be helping Nestlé achieve their ambition to turn this much-loved brand into a world-class operator digitally."
Kit Kat is the fourth-largest UK chocolate brand with estimated sales of £120 million in 2011, according to Mintel.Follow @Jezzalee
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director / Senior Account Manager - Retail Branding & Interiors Royds Raphael £40K - £50K, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER / ACCOUNT DIRECTOR- PERMANENT & CONTRACT ROLES Royds Raphael £40K - £55K / £180-£250+DAY RATE, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Director - [Direct / Digital] -- Superb Agency- to £57k Fill Recruitment Up to £57k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad