Brazil capitalises on budding host-city status in tactical marketing drive
Brazil is tapping into the fervour around London 2012 by launching an international marketing campaign championing its hosting of the Olympics and the football World Cup.
The campaign urges consumers to 'Come Celebrate Life' with global marketing activity across TV, digital, print and outdoor media.
Brazil is hosting the 2014 Fifa World Cup and the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The campaign, created by the Brazilian ministry of tourism and Embratur, the Brazilian Tourist Board, uses the strapline, "The world meets in Brazil. Come celebrate life.
The marketing drive features outdoor ads across the bonnets and sides of London black cabs, as the Olympic torch tours the capital's streets.
The campaign aims to present Brazil to its international markets as a culturally unique country that offers diverse experiences for all visitors. An exhibition called 'Brazil at heart', will open at the Brazilian Embassy on Saturday (28 July) and run until the start of September.
Flávio Dino, president, Embratur, said: "We will have a unique opportunity which could produce real results to help us reach our target of doubling the number of foreign tourists and tripling foreign currency entering the country by 2017, the year after the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.
"With these events, we have a broad exposure which will attract new tourists and take Brazil to a new level of importance in global tourism".
The UK’s own tourism board, VisitBritain, has been running its own promotional campaign in the year's lead-up to the Olympic Games, first under the 'You're Invited' guise, and then in partnership with the Government under the 'Great' strapline.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Manager (6+ months Contract) Stopgap £180 - £220 per day, West Midlands
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 per annum, London
- Account Director Brand Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum + + car allowance , Romford
- Designer [Shopper Marketing] - FMCG Client - London agency - £28k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £28k, Central London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'