Yahoo hires Disney's McHenry as new UK agency group head
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 27 July 2012 11:31AM
Yahoo has hired Disney's group account executive Steve McHenry as its agency group head for Yahoo UK, following a period of change at the UK business.
As one of four group heads, McHenry will directly report to Steve Brown, Yahoo’s outgoing sales director, who is leaving the company in six months.
He joins at the end of August, replacing Matt White, who is leaving the business to "pursue other opportunities".
McHenry joins from Disney, where he was account group head for the past 18 months, and in that time, was responsible for launching DisneyMedia+ in the UK.
In his new role, he will be responsible for a group of agency sales, although the agencies he will be in charge of have not yet been confirmed. He will manage a team of 15.
Prior to Disney, McHenry worked at Virgin Media's now-defunct sales house Ids with James Wildman, now vice-president of sales and managing director at Yahoo UK.
Wildman said: "I am delighted to welcome Steve to Yahoo. He is exactly the type of tenacious and dynamic individual we need to enhance our already talented sales team here at Yahoo UK.
Last week, just days after the company announced Marissa Mayer as its new chief executive, Yahoo unveiled a restructure of its UK business, as revealed in Media Week.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Senior Copywriter to £80,000. EC1. Top 5 agency group. Mark Paine Recruitment to £80,000, EC1A 1AH, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager- Leading Agency Group -Telecommunications account. 40k + . SW1. Mark Paine Recruitment £40,000 plus benefits, London, SW1
- Senior Account Executive X2 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, Manchester
- Brand Manager LEGO Company LTD Competitive Salary, Slough, Berkshire
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Vizeum retains £14m AB InBev in the UK and adds European markets
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool