Yahoo hires Disney's McHenry as new UK agency group head
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 27 July 2012 11:31AM
Yahoo has hired Disney's group account executive Steve McHenry as its agency group head for Yahoo UK, following a period of change at the UK business.
As one of four group heads, McHenry will directly report to Steve Brown, Yahoo’s outgoing sales director, who is leaving the company in six months.
He joins at the end of August, replacing Matt White, who is leaving the business to "pursue other opportunities".
McHenry joins from Disney, where he was account group head for the past 18 months, and in that time, was responsible for launching DisneyMedia+ in the UK.
In his new role, he will be responsible for a group of agency sales, although the agencies he will be in charge of have not yet been confirmed. He will manage a team of 15.
Prior to Disney, McHenry worked at Virgin Media's now-defunct sales house Ids with James Wildman, now vice-president of sales and managing director at Yahoo UK.
Wildman said: "I am delighted to welcome Steve to Yahoo. He is exactly the type of tenacious and dynamic individual we need to enhance our already talented sales team here at Yahoo UK.
Last week, just days after the company announced Marissa Mayer as its new chief executive, Yahoo unveiled a restructure of its UK business, as revealed in Media Week.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Marketing Manager - £60K - Fashion - Buckinghams Salt £55000 - £65000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Italian Marketing Executive, Travel, Soho Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: +Bonus & Benefits, London
- Private Bank - Digital Marketing, eCRM Campaign & Marketing Operations Manager - Associate - London J.P.Morgan JPMorgan Chase & Co. offer an exceptional benefits program and highly competitive compensation., Knightsbridge
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'