McArthurGlen Group brings in We Are Social
By John Owens, prweek.com, Friday, 27 July 2012 08:21AM
McArthurGlen Group, the owner, developer and manager of designer outlet centres across Europe, has appointed We Are Social to manage its pan-European social media work.
The agency will be responsible for McArthurGlen’s social media activity in the UK, Germany, France, Greece, Belgium, Austria and the Netherlands, following a three-way pitch.
As part of a retained brief, We Are Social will oversee all McArthurGlen’s 21 existing Facebook pages for its 21 McArthurGlen designer outlets across Europe.
The strategy will primarily focus on Facebook, and executional elements will include competitions, promotions and content creation.
The agency will also be responsible for the group’s influencer engagement and crisis management, and manage social advertising. The account is being led by account director Jonna van Kampen.
McArthurGlen operates seven outlet villages in the UK, including in London and Endinburgh, offering brands such as Paul Smith and Burberry.
We Are Social’s first major project for McArthurGlen is the launch of its Spring/Summer campaign.
The campaign will build on McArthurGlen’s positioning as a brand for those who love style and shopping but who prioritise living life to the full, and includes promotional activity on Facebook.
We Are Social’s offices in Paris, Milan and Munich will be working with the UK team to deliver the social media programme.
Carly Cazzolli, head of digital at McArthurGlen Group, said: ‘Social media will be a key channel for McArthurGlen to communicate with its customers across Europe in 2012 and beyond. For us, We Are Social’s strategic approach was the right fit for our business.
‘We Are Social’s pan-European team was also a major factor for us, It has a strong presence across Europe and we needed to ensure that our social media agency would be able to communicate effectively to all these markets.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Account Manager - Gaming Brand PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- Senior Broadcast Manager PFJ £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- New Business Director Dynamic New Alliances £0.00 per annum, Berkshire
- Digital Account Director Dot-Gap £38k, Central London
- Search Account Director Dot-Gap £43k, Central London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
30 Seconds to Mars stratospheric rise on social media
In the week that it was shown that users only visited the planet Google+ for less than 7 minutes a month it’s interesting to look at how a contemporary rock artist brand goes about using social media in their marketing and the different levels of interest on different platforms.