Guinness appoints Cybercom to digital strategy in Western Europe
Guinness, the Diageo-owned Irish stout, has appointed Ireland-headquartered digital agency Cybercom as its lead strategic and digital strategic partner for Western Europe.
Guinness has worked with TMW on its digital and shopper marketing business in the UK for the past eight years and although the digital strategy will move to Cybercom, TMW will continue to work on the brand’s shopper marketing.
Cybercom will work on Guinness’ digital marketing strategy across all aspects of the Guinness brand including draught Guinness and Guinness Black Lager.
The move expands Cybercom’s seven-year relationship with the Guinness brand. The agency already designs and maintains its webstore and has worked on campaigns such as Arthur’s Day, the celebration of founder Arthur Guinness.
In the past Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, the brand's global advertising agency, has created online activity as part of its broader campaigns.
It emerged in May that Guinness was looking for a shop to handle its digital and direct accounts as part of a consolidation of its agency arrangements in Western Europe.
Jonathan Forrest, managing director, Cybercom, said: "We didn’t underestimate the scale of the pitch and knew that it meant applying a world-class team from strategic planning, creative, social and media innovation to deliver a rigorous model that would demonstrate how we can best position Guinness for growth via digital platforms and channels."
Cybercom has more than 50 staff in offices in Dublin and London and works with brands such as Coca-Cola across Europe, Jurys Inn and L’Oreal in the UK, and RBS and Vodafone in Ireland.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £22000 - £23000 per annum, Manchester
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 p.a., South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch