Vitaminwater Facebook app helps 'skip the dip'
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 30 July 2012 12:40PM
Coca-Cola-owned brand Glacéau Vitaminwater has released a Facebook app created by Jam that positions it as helping people escape energy dips.
Called ‘Skip the Dip’, the app opens with Sky News presenter Georgie Thompson delivering a news report discussing the phenomenon of the ‘dip’ sweeping across Europe.
Users then find themselves in a personalised journey as Glacéau Vitaminwater shows them how to ‘Skip the Dip’ and celebrates their success.
The brand, which is the ‘official best mate’ of the Olympic Games, gives fans the opportunity to share their own personalised fun newsreel.
The ‘Skip the Dip’ campaign will be supported through digital activity including an audio partnership with Spotify as well as YouTube video content and Facebook ads, planned by media agency Vizeum.
Kirsty Dolan, Glacéau business manager at Coca-Cola Great Britain, said: "This light-hearted approach to skipping the ‘Dip’ that we know our consumers experience, offers a ‘must-do’ for fans to keep them energised and close to the Glacéau vitaminwater brand."
The app comes out soon after the business kicked off a pitch for the European advertising account for Vitaminwater.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Retail Store Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £33000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show