Vitaminwater Facebook app helps 'skip the dip'
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 30 July 2012 12:40PM
Coca-Cola-owned brand Glacéau Vitaminwater has released a Facebook app created by Jam that positions it as helping people escape energy dips.
Called ‘Skip the Dip’, the app opens with Sky News presenter Georgie Thompson delivering a news report discussing the phenomenon of the ‘dip’ sweeping across Europe.
Users then find themselves in a personalised journey as Glacéau Vitaminwater shows them how to ‘Skip the Dip’ and celebrates their success.
The brand, which is the ‘official best mate’ of the Olympic Games, gives fans the opportunity to share their own personalised fun newsreel.
The ‘Skip the Dip’ campaign will be supported through digital activity including an audio partnership with Spotify as well as YouTube video content and Facebook ads, planned by media agency Vizeum.
Kirsty Dolan, Glacéau business manager at Coca-Cola Great Britain, said: "This light-hearted approach to skipping the ‘Dip’ that we know our consumers experience, offers a ‘must-do’ for fans to keep them energised and close to the Glacéau vitaminwater brand."
The app comes out soon after the business kicked off a pitch for the European advertising account for Vitaminwater.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Ecommerce (8 month maternity contract) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Events Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Brand Marketing Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and benefits, Milton Keynes
- Senior Digital Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £38000 - £40000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham