Turkey hunts agencies for 2013 international ad campaign
The Turkish Culture and Tourism Office has put out a tender for a 2013 advertising campaign, inviting agencies to submit proposals for campaigns in one or more of six regions, with a total budget of $48m (£31m).
Agencies have until 6 September to submit proposals for campaign strategy, creative and media planning and buying directly to the Turkish Culture and Tourism Office in Madrid, with no intermediary involved.
The tender marks out six different regions agencies can pitch for, including middle and Northern Europe, which has a budget of $21m (£13.1m).
This covers the UK (Ireland, Iceland, South Africa), Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, Switzerland, Austria (Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia), Sweden (Norway), Denmark, Finland (Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia).
The incumbents on the UK portion of the account, Ware Anthony Rust and Target Media, which work with Turkish agency Oyku, are invited to repitch.
The Turkish Culture and Tourism Office is keen to develop Turkey’s image into the "meeting point of the West and the East", developing a campaign around the key areas of the country’s heritage, food, hospitality, and historical and natural attractions.
The tourism body is aiming to boost visits from the Bric countries (Brazil, Russia, India and China). It is also emphasising the importance of Europe, which has a budget of $21m (£13.4m) marked out.
The number of tourists visiting Turkey annually has trebled over the past 12 years, growing from 10.4 million in 2000 to 31.4 million in 2011.
The campaign will target consumers through specific tourism streams, including culture, golf, health spas and Turkish baths, shopping and yachting opportunities.
The tourism body aims to create a campaign that will establish an emotional connection between visitors and their destinations, while differentiating Turkey from rival countries that offer similar products.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Digital Marketing Executive PFJ £25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, City of London
- Copywriter Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £40000 per annum, Derbyshire
- Senior Designer Major Players £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Senior Web & ECRM Executive PFJ £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity