Turkey hunts agencies for 2013 international ad campaign
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 31 July 2012 09:00AM
The Turkish Culture and Tourism Office has put out a tender for a 2013 advertising campaign, inviting agencies to submit proposals for campaigns in one or more of six regions, with a total budget of $48m (£31m).
Agencies have until 6 September to submit proposals for campaign strategy, creative and media planning and buying directly to the Turkish Culture and Tourism Office in Madrid, with no intermediary involved.
The tender marks out six different regions agencies can pitch for, including middle and Northern Europe, which has a budget of $21m (£13.1m).
This covers the UK (Ireland, Iceland, South Africa), Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, Switzerland, Austria (Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia), Sweden (Norway), Denmark, Finland (Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia).
The incumbents on the UK portion of the account, Ware Anthony Rust and Target Media, which work with Turkish agency Oyku, are invited to repitch.
The Turkish Culture and Tourism Office is keen to develop Turkey’s image into the "meeting point of the West and the East", developing a campaign around the key areas of the country’s heritage, food, hospitality, and historical and natural attractions.
The tourism body is aiming to boost visits from the Bric countries (Brazil, Russia, India and China). It is also emphasising the importance of Europe, which has a budget of $21m (£13.4m) marked out.
The number of tourists visiting Turkey annually has trebled over the past 12 years, growing from 10.4 million in 2000 to 31.4 million in 2011.
The campaign will target consumers through specific tourism streams, including culture, golf, health spas and Turkish baths, shopping and yachting opportunities.
The tourism body aims to create a campaign that will establish an emotional connection between visitors and their destinations, while differentiating Turkey from rival countries that offer similar products.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Marketing - Industry Leading Company - Kent Ninesharp £75000 - £85000 per annum + Fantastic Benefits, Folkestone
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Head of Marketing - Industry Leading Company - Kent Ninesharp £75000 - £85000 per annum + Car Allowance, Bonus + Benefits TBC, Folkestone
- Account Director - Events The Great & The Good Negotiable, London
- Digital Marketing Controller - Sky Store (12m contract) Sky Negotiable, London
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Kevin Dundas leaves Droga5 Europe
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity