Yahoo's interim CEO Ross Levinsohn departs
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 31 July 2012 09:08AM
Yahoo's global head of media Ross Levinsohn is departing the technology company, just weeks after he lost out on the chief executive role to Google veteran Marissa Mayer.
Levinsohn, who has been at Yahoo for two years, assumed the role of interim chief executive in May, after Scott Thompson resigned amid health issues and the appearance of a bogus qualification on his CV.
Levinsohn was widely tipped to take the chief executive role, after he instigated a number of changes at the business in the short time he was in charge, which won him praise.
These include settling Yahoo's patent dispute with Facebook, pulling the plug on its social news reader Livestand and appointing his former Fox Interactive Media colleague Michael Barrett as the company's new revenue officer.
However earlier this month, in a surprise move, Yahoo's board appointed Marissa Mayer, Google's vice-president of local, maps and location services to the top role.
Levinsohn is reportedly leaving the company immediately. It is not known whether he has a job to go to and Yahoo has not confirmed a replacement for him.
Levinsohn joined Yahoo in 2010 as executive vice president, Americas.
Prior to that he was managing director of investment company Fuse Capital and previously worked as president of Fox Interactive Media at News Corporation for six years.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - Exhibitions - London tfconnect global recruitment £33,000 - £35,000 plus £3,750 car allowance + 25% bonus, London (Greater)
- PR Account Executive/Senior Account Executive Brand Recruitment £19000 - £25000 per annum, Aylesbury
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad