Carat lands The View from The Shard's planning and buying account
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 31 July 2012 11:15AM
Carat has been awarded the media planning and buying contract to promote The View from The Shard, the viewing platform in the tallest building in London, after a pitch.
Carat competed against four undisclosed agencies and will be working alongside M&C Saatchi to promote The View from The Shard as a premium visitor attraction to local, national and international audiences.
The account will be handled out of Carat's Leeds office and the team will be reporting to The View from The Shard’s management team including Anders Nyberg, chief executive, and Laura McCarthy, marketing director.
The View from The Shard opens in February 2013. It is nearly twice as high as any other viewing platform in London.
McCarthy said: "We chose Carat to become our media partner based on a number of key factors that were important to us.
"Firstly, we were impressed with the skill and experience of the team. Secondly, the market insight they can provide, and finally, their buying leverage as one of the most respected media agencies in the UK.
"Their online knowledge and ability to accurately measure the return from our media investment was also something that stood out."
The View from The Shard spans floors 68, 69 and 72 at a height of up to 800 feet or 244 metres. The visit provides guests with 360 degree views for 40 miles across London.
Kevin Cunningham, client services director at Carat, said: "Its viewing galleries will enable visitors to explore one of the world’s great cities as never before and we are thrilled to play our part in one of the most anticipated launches of 2013."
The win follows the recent news that Carat had retained the Department for Transport's £3.5m Think! road-safety account.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Marketing Manager - Association - Energy Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £35000 - £45000 per annum + Generous Bens, City of London
- GROUP PUBLIC RELATIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS EXECUTIVE Lincoln College £26,000 - £27,000 p.a., Lincoln, Lincolnshire
- Account Director The Great & The Good £50000 - £55000 per annum, West End
- Insight Lead - Clientside Hasson Associates £40,000 - £44,000, Sussex
- Planner, Top Direct Marketing/Digital Agency London Direct Recruitment £35,000-£42,000, London (Greater)
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign