Nike runs quick turnaround Radcliffe ad
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 August 2012 10:01AM
Nike has produced a quick-turnaround digital outdoor and print campaign staring Paula Radcliffe, just days after she pulled out of the Olympics.
Radcliffe, a Team GB marathon runner, pulled out of the Games with a foot injury just two days ago, scotching her chances of ever winning an Olympic medal.
If Radcliffe had not been hit by injury, Nike, which is not an official London 2012 sponsor, would not have been able to run the ad because of stringent rules protecting sponsors during the Olympics.
The rules dictate that during the Games, Team GB athletes can't promote brands that are not Olympic sponsors, in the period.
Nike has had a commercial sponsorship relationship with Radcliffe since 2000.
The ad features Radcliffe brandishing a Union Jack flag alongside the tagline, "Legends Run Forever."
It is appearing in digital outdoor sites in the London area.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- CREATIVE DIRECTORS Live Recruitment Negotiable, England
- DIGITAL DESIGNER - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment £23000 - £28000 per annum + BENS, Surrey
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER - AGENCY Live Recruitment £NEG + BENEFITS, Hertfordshire
- DESIGNER - AGENCY Live Recruitment DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE, North West England
- DESIGNERS - DIGITAL, INTEGRATED AND PRINT Live Recruitment £competitive, West Midlands
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers