Nike runs quick turnaround Radcliffe ad
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 August 2012 10:01AM
Nike has produced a quick-turnaround digital outdoor and print campaign staring Paula Radcliffe, just days after she pulled out of the Olympics.
Radcliffe, a Team GB marathon runner, pulled out of the Games with a foot injury just two days ago, scotching her chances of ever winning an Olympic medal.
If Radcliffe had not been hit by injury, Nike, which is not an official London 2012 sponsor, would not have been able to run the ad because of stringent rules protecting sponsors during the Olympics.
The rules dictate that during the Games, Team GB athletes can't promote brands that are not Olympic sponsors, in the period.
Nike has had a commercial sponsorship relationship with Radcliffe since 2000.
The ad features Radcliffe brandishing a Union Jack flag alongside the tagline, "Legends Run Forever."
It is appearing in digital outdoor sites in the London area.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, West Midlands
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Email Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show