Nike runs quick turnaround Radcliffe ad
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 August 2012 10:01AM
Nike has produced a quick-turnaround digital outdoor and print campaign staring Paula Radcliffe, just days after she pulled out of the Olympics.
Radcliffe, a Team GB marathon runner, pulled out of the Games with a foot injury just two days ago, scotching her chances of ever winning an Olympic medal.
If Radcliffe had not been hit by injury, Nike, which is not an official London 2012 sponsor, would not have been able to run the ad because of stringent rules protecting sponsors during the Olympics.
The rules dictate that during the Games, Team GB athletes can't promote brands that are not Olympic sponsors, in the period.
Nike has had a commercial sponsorship relationship with Radcliffe since 2000.
The ad features Radcliffe brandishing a Union Jack flag alongside the tagline, "Legends Run Forever."
It is appearing in digital outdoor sites in the London area.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Web Manager Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital Communications Manager Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief