Nike runs quick turnaround Radcliffe ad
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 August 2012 10:01AM
Nike has produced a quick-turnaround digital outdoor and print campaign staring Paula Radcliffe, just days after she pulled out of the Olympics.
Radcliffe, a Team GB marathon runner, pulled out of the Games with a foot injury just two days ago, scotching her chances of ever winning an Olympic medal.
If Radcliffe had not been hit by injury, Nike, which is not an official London 2012 sponsor, would not have been able to run the ad because of stringent rules protecting sponsors during the Olympics.
The rules dictate that during the Games, Team GB athletes can't promote brands that are not Olympic sponsors, in the period.
Nike has had a commercial sponsorship relationship with Radcliffe since 2000.
The ad features Radcliffe brandishing a Union Jack flag alongside the tagline, "Legends Run Forever."
It is appearing in digital outdoor sites in the London area.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT AGENCY Live Recruitment £16000 - £21000 per annum, Buckinghamshire / Northamptonshire
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - DESIGN AGENCY Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Melbourne, Derbyshire
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER / ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Harefield, London (Greater)
- Principle Consultant, Employee Research Hasson Associates £65,000 - £70,000, Surrey
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred