Nike runs quick turnaround Radcliffe ad
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 August 2012 10:01AM
Nike has produced a quick-turnaround digital outdoor and print campaign staring Paula Radcliffe, just days after she pulled out of the Olympics.
Radcliffe, a Team GB marathon runner, pulled out of the Games with a foot injury just two days ago, scotching her chances of ever winning an Olympic medal.
If Radcliffe had not been hit by injury, Nike, which is not an official London 2012 sponsor, would not have been able to run the ad because of stringent rules protecting sponsors during the Olympics.
The rules dictate that during the Games, Team GB athletes can't promote brands that are not Olympic sponsors, in the period.
Nike has had a commercial sponsorship relationship with Radcliffe since 2000.
The ad features Radcliffe brandishing a Union Jack flag alongside the tagline, "Legends Run Forever."
It is appearing in digital outdoor sites in the London area.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Creative Producer Nu Creative Talent £0.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London
- Marketing and Content Executive, Charity, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £24000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Director Dahling Ltd £45K + benefits, East Central London
- Paid Search Planner - Top 10 Media Agency - PPC Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Wilkinson rebrands to Wilko in TV campaign
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Dare creates European Ryanair ads
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD