DCM and Primesight roll out interactive cinema six-sheets
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 August 2012 10:30AM
Outdoor media company Primesight is installing 100 interactive six-sheet panels in 100 Cineworld, Odeon and Vue theatres in a tie-up with cinema sales house DCM.
Brands will be able to have a two-way conversation with consumers through the new technology used within the panels.
Consumers will be able to engage with the digital outdoor ads by using touch, Wi-Fi, NFC and QR codes embedded into the unit case.
The panels will be situated within cinema foyers to target an estimated monthly footfall of 2.5 million consumers.
They are expected to be installed by the end of the summer and will launch with ads for Bird's Eye.
The frozen food company's campaign will feature brand mascot Clarence and will promote a consumer competition to win a year's supply of cinema tickets for their family.
Louise Trinder, head of creative solutions at DCM, said: "With the potential to deploy technologies such as Microsoft Kinect and deliver bonus content to mobile, brands can now engage with audiences before, during and beyond their cinematic experience."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood