Tetley Tea Folk show support for 'TeaGB'
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 August 2012 12:35PM
Tetley, the Tata Global Beverages-owned tea brand, has rolled out a light-hearted Twitter campaign, catching Olympic fever to back "#TeaGB".
The activity asks users to vote for their favourite cake to have with a brew as part of its 'Ju-Dough' game, using the #TeaGB hashtag. The "Victorious Sponge" will be announced daily by the tea mascots.
Tetley is also asking consumers to take part in its "Jam-nastics" and "High-tea jump" games.
The tea brand has also sent tea to British athlete Jo Jackson who thanked the tea folk on Twitter. The activity has been handled by MediaVest.
Tetley reintroduced the Tea Folk in 2010 after a 10-year hiatus. However, their role is to be reduced in its summer ad campaign, as revealed by Marketing.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Web Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £33000 - £36000 per annum, Benefits: + Excellent Benefits , Greater Manchester
- Email Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £19000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014