Tetley Tea Folk show support for 'TeaGB'
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 August 2012 12:35PM
Tetley, the Tata Global Beverages-owned tea brand, has rolled out a light-hearted Twitter campaign, catching Olympic fever to back "#TeaGB".
The activity asks users to vote for their favourite cake to have with a brew as part of its 'Ju-Dough' game, using the #TeaGB hashtag. The "Victorious Sponge" will be announced daily by the tea mascots.
Tetley is also asking consumers to take part in its "Jam-nastics" and "High-tea jump" games.
The tea brand has also sent tea to British athlete Jo Jackson who thanked the tea folk on Twitter. The activity has been handled by MediaVest.
Tetley reintroduced the Tea Folk in 2010 after a 10-year hiatus. However, their role is to be reduced in its summer ad campaign, as revealed by Marketing.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Marketing Manager (Mobile and Social) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure