Tetley Tea Folk show support for 'TeaGB'
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 August 2012 12:35PM
Tetley, the Tata Global Beverages-owned tea brand, has rolled out a light-hearted Twitter campaign, catching Olympic fever to back "#TeaGB".
The activity asks users to vote for their favourite cake to have with a brew as part of its 'Ju-Dough' game, using the #TeaGB hashtag. The "Victorious Sponge" will be announced daily by the tea mascots.
Tetley is also asking consumers to take part in its "Jam-nastics" and "High-tea jump" games.
The tea brand has also sent tea to British athlete Jo Jackson who thanked the tea folk on Twitter. The activity has been handled by MediaVest.
Tetley reintroduced the Tea Folk in 2010 after a 10-year hiatus. However, their role is to be reduced in its summer ad campaign, as revealed by Marketing.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Biddable Account Manager - PPC / Paid Social Ultimate Asset negotiable, London
- Head of Marketing Operation Better Placed Recruitment £10000 - £90000 per annum + Bonus + Car + Benefits , Newcastle upon Tyne
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers