Orange Gold Spot bamboozles The Sweeney
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 August 2012 12:35PM
Orange is to release its latest "gold spot" cinema ad, featuring Ray Winstone and Ben Drew in their roles from the forthcoming film version of 'The Sweeney', on Friday.
The remake of the 1970s cop show puts Winstone and Drew (aka Plan B) in the roles of Regan and Carter, made famous by John Thaw and Denis Waterman.
In the "don’t let a mobile phone ruin your movie" ad, created by Fallon in collaboration with Vertigo Films, the duo are chasing a tip-off that leads them to a strange East End pub called The Dog and Bone.
From the moment they step inside they immediately sense that trouble is brewing as a series of unusual props make an appearance, including a Victorian painting of a woman wearing a Bluetooth headset and Orange beer taps aptly named Texters Brew and Voicemail Ale.
Spencer McHugh, brand director at Orange UK, said: "It's been fantastic teaming up with Regan and Carter, two of Britain’s most iconic detectives in what must be one of their most bizarre stakeouts yet.
Fallon creative teams Sam Hibbard and Dan Watts and Avril Furness and Milo Carter worked on the ad with executive creative director Santiago Lucero. The ad was directed by Guy Shelmerdine and produced by Smuggler. Media buying and planning is handled by MEC.Follow @DanFareyJones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Creative Strategist - Amsterdam - brand identity, retail and consumer packaging - up to £85k Story Recruitment £65-85k plus benefits dependent on experience, Amsterdam
- Digital Account Director Lipton Fleming £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Head of Video Aspire £60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum, London