Virgin Atlantic to revamp in-flight entertainment
Virgin Atlantic is overhauling its decade-old in-flight entertainment system to offer a more stylish and simple interface for passengers.
It has appointed R/GA London as its digital partner to carry out a design and usability refresh.
The agency, which won the business after a competitive pitch, plans to create a best in class entertainment system, which is intuitive and has the ‘movie as hero’.
Simon Soni, Virgin Atlantic’s head of in-flight services, said: "Virgin Atlantic prides itself in offering one of the best onboard media experiences in the sky and through a new stylish and simple to use design from R/GA London, we’re sure our passengers will find the system easy to use."
The new in-flight entertainment system is due to roll out to 25 aircraft before the end of the year.
Jim Moffatt, vice president managing director, R/GA London said the project was a "great opportunity for us to really combine our tech and creative skills into an innovative digital user experience – simplifying complex technology for consumers is what we do best."
Virgin Atlantic recently appointed former BBC marketer Simon Lloyd as its marketing director, ending a six-month search after Paul Dickinson left the company.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films