Virgin Atlantic to revamp in-flight entertainment
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 02 August 2012 09:00AM
Virgin Atlantic is overhauling its decade-old in-flight entertainment system to offer a more stylish and simple interface for passengers.
It has appointed R/GA London as its digital partner to carry out a design and usability refresh.
The agency, which won the business after a competitive pitch, plans to create a best in class entertainment system, which is intuitive and has the ‘movie as hero’.
Simon Soni, Virgin Atlantic’s head of in-flight services, said: "Virgin Atlantic prides itself in offering one of the best onboard media experiences in the sky and through a new stylish and simple to use design from R/GA London, we’re sure our passengers will find the system easy to use."
The new in-flight entertainment system is due to roll out to 25 aircraft before the end of the year.
Jim Moffatt, vice president managing director, R/GA London said the project was a "great opportunity for us to really combine our tech and creative skills into an innovative digital user experience – simplifying complex technology for consumers is what we do best."
Virgin Atlantic recently appointed former BBC marketer Simon Lloyd as its marketing director, ending a six-month search after Paul Dickinson left the company.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + car/ car allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Biddable Account Manager - Award Winning Agency Ultimate Asset Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Media Account Executive - Ã‚£25K Ultimate Asset Ã‚£3000 - Ã‚£25000 per annum, City of London
- UX Sitecore Specialist Required | 1 Month Contract | Urgent Sta Salt Ã‚£300 - Ã‚£400 per day, Telford
- Senior Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c£competitive package, Surrey