PG Tips adds logo to C4 quiz show mug
By Ed Owen, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 02 August 2012 10:02AM
PG Tips, the Unilever-owned tea brand, has struck a deal to place its logo on the mug used by the lead contestant in Channel 4 quiz show 'Deal or No Deal'.
The three-month deal was brokered by BE The Brand Placement Agency, with Channel 4 and Endemol, the producer of the show.
Post-production product placement software supplied by MirriAd will be used to insert the PG Tips logo on the mug. The first episode to feature it will air on 7 August.
This marks the first time MirriAd’s technology will have been used by a terrestrial broadcaster, and the first time both Unilever and Endemol will have used it.
MirriAd has been used by satellite broadcasters, adding Pedigree Dentastix to Sky1's pet documentary series 'A Different Breed' in 2011.
Tana Walker, PG tips brand executive at Unilever UK, said: "The partnership with 'Deal or No Deal' is a great way to communicate with our loyal customers and drive growth into the tea category through encouraging late afternoon tea moments, when you can relax with a nice cuppa and some light-hearted TV entertainment after a busy day."
In February, MirriAd struck a deal with Viasat, which broadcasts more than 60 channels in 35 countries, to manage its sales to sell product placement opportunities to brands.
MirriAd is also working with STV to prepare pre-rolls to match brands placed on screen.
Vicky Kell, business manager, partnerships at Channel 4, said: "As usual, we’ll be investing in research to prove the effectiveness of the placement, and look forward to adding this to our growing bank of PP examples."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account