Maxus wins £4m Arcadia account
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 02 August 2012 10:50AM
Arcadia, the high-street retail group owned by Sir Philip Green, has awarded its £4 million media planning and buying account to the WPP agency Maxus after a final shoot-out against Total Media.
Arena Media and the7stars were also involved in the early stages of the process, which was handled by the consultant Rania Robinson.
The incumbent, Carat, declined to repitch. Carat worked on the Arcadia business for a number of years and added the BHS media account in January 2010 without a pitch after the merger of BHS into Arcadia in 2009.
The bulk of Arcadia's media spend is focused on BHS, which accounts for around £3.5 million, while Topshop and Topman spend around £600,000, according to figures from Nielsen.
In September last year, Arcadia awarded the BHS creative account to Cheethambell JWT. Grey London has also created fast-turnaround ads for Arcadia to support sales.
Maxus refused to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Business Development Manager Dynamic New Alliances £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + Bonus, City of London
- Junior Data Planner Gabriele Skelton £30000 per annum, London
- Head of Communications and Engagement Morgan Hunt £300 - £340 per day, Essex
- SEO Manager - Global Financial Brand - £45-55K - London Propel £45000 - £55000 per annum, City of London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.