Fortune Cookie acquired by WPP's Possible Worldwide
By Ed Owen, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 02 August 2012 04:05PM
WPP digital agency Possible has bought London-based digital specialist Fortune Cookie for an undisclosed sum, appointing its founder Justin Cooke as its UK chief executive.
Fortune Cookie was founded in 1997 by Cooke, who is currently chair of the British Interactive Media Association. It has offices in Poland, the Netherlands, the US and Australia.
It employs more than 190 people and clients include Canon, Aegon, NetJets, BP and Legal & General.
Fortune Cookie's revenues for the year ended 31 August 2011 were approximately £9.4m, with gross assets of around £2.8m, and it was ranked by investment bank GP Bullhound as one of the fastest-growing digital media companies in the UK.
The deal expands Possible's UK and European footprint, adding to established agencies in Russia, Hungary, Romania and Serbia by supplying a major new office in Poland.
Cooke said: "Possible Worldwide is a global agency who knows that creating remarkable digital experiences for brands begins with amazing people.
"At the core of developing great solutions for clients is cultivating an atmosphere around brilliant people – a philosophy we share, and we are quite proud to now call ourselves Possible Worldwide."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency