Tui's Specialist Holidays Group appoints Rapp to handle media
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 03 August 2012 10:10AM
Specialist Holidays Group has appointed Rapp UK to handle its media planning and buying after a competitive pitch.
Rapp will be responsible for SHG’s offline integrated media planning and buying account in the UK and Ireland, as well as online where it is part of integrated activity.
Agenda21, an independent digital agency that has worked closely with Rapp in the past, will be responsible for the online planning and buying in the UK and Ireland, as well as driving online marketing analytics across all brands.
The two agencies pitched separately in a process that involved a number of undisclosed agencies.
Conrad, the incumbent on the account for four years, did not re-pitch for the business.
Commenting in April, when the review was first announced, David Jarvis, multichannel strategy director, said that review aimed to get "more effectiveness" from its marketing spend across all of its brands.
Ian Maynard, managing director of Rapp Media, said: "We are looking forward to helping take SHG’s brands to a new level in a market where new competitors are emerging and the way consumers search and buy their holidays is constantly evolving."
Jarvis said: "In an increasingly competitive environment, we needed a strategy that amplifies each brand in the most efficient and effective media possible.
"We were impressed by the insights that Rapp and Agenda21 came up with in order to help us reach our goal of remixing our marketing spend in order to bring greater ROI.
"The two combined will provide a focussed approach to marketing analytics looking at attribution and consumer behaviour across both online and offline channels.
"The innovative new ways of working and the fact that both agencies can respond to a change in data and customer behaviour was a perfect fit for our business model in order to carry the individual brands forward."
Specialist Holidays Group was formed in the autumn of 2010 when several specialist travel brands from within Tui Travel PLC merged under one management team.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood