Campaign Viral Chart: Zombies rule in Walking Dead ad
By Ben Hall, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 August 2012 09:55AM
An experimental ad for US drama 'The Walking Dead', created by Thinkmodo, has been shared more than any other ad this week, knocking DC Shoes from the top spot.
The ad, which sees actors take to the street in full zombie make-up has now been viewed more than 2 million times and has inspired 100 blog posts.
Olympic sponsors P&G find themselves taking bronze, appearing in the chart once more with an ad centred around American gymnast, Gabrielle Douglas.
The ad is one of two in this week's chart from agency Wieden & Kennedy, the second for Nike reaching seventh place with more than 18,500 shares.
With less than 100 days to go until Americans vote for a new president, rivals Romney and Obama are both featured in the chart.
Incumbent president Barack Obama presents his vision for economic growth directly to camera, while Romney's ad interviews a small car manufacturer whose businesses was allegedly ruined by Obama's bailout of General Motors.
Though in tenth place the Obama ad sits six places lower than Romney's, it has been viewed more than 1.8 million times more.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30 days ago are not included.
1. The Walking Dead 'could zombies live among us?' by Thinkmodo
180,447 shares this week
All time: 185,347 shares
2. DC Shoes 'Ken Block's Gymkhana five' created in-house
52,501 shares this week
All time: 1,860,548 shares
3. P&G 'raising an olympian' by Wieden & Kennedy
49,554 shares this week
All time: 59,439 shares
4. Mitt Romney 'dreams' created by Romney for President
26,402 shares this week
All time: 26,514 shares
5. Sesame Street 'share it maybe' by Sesame Street Workshop
26,329 shares this week
All time: 686,448 shares
6. Google 'the next chapter of the internet' by VB&P
20,417 shares this week
All time: 28,959 shares
7. Nike 'find your greatness' by Wieden & Kennedy
18,773 shares this week
All time: 47,956 shares
8. Samsung 'everyone's Olympic games'
17,840 shares this week
All time: 18,403 shares
9. Louis Vuitton 'infinity borders', directed by KT Auleta
13,251 shares this week
All time: 13,217 shares
10. Obama Biden 'the choice' by Obama for America
9,555 shares this week
All time: 39,867 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Social Engagement Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London Central
- Media Planning Account Manager Lipton Fleming £30000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Executive - truly exciting multi-solution sell Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, West End
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy