Immediate Media hires Jason Elson as ad director
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 03 August 2012 11:00AM
Jason Elson has joined Immediate Media in the new role of ad director across the company's food portfolio.
Elson will be responsible for all revenue streams across the entire food portfolio including Good Food, Olive, Delicious and associated digital products. He will report directly to Immediate Media's advertising managing director, Matt Teeman.
Elson has previously held ad director posts at Haymarket Consumer Media on FourFourTwo and the National Magazine Company (now Hearst) on Men's Health.
His last role was a return to Men's Health as acting ad director for five months earlier this year.
The announcement comes shortly after it was revealed that Immediate would be making around 25 job cuts across its sales and editorial team in June.
Teeman said: "Jason is a welcome addition to the team in this newly created role.
"He brings a really strong balance of both print and digital experience and therefore is perfectly placed to continue to grow cross media revenues across the food portfolio."
Elson said: "As a huge foodie, I’m absolutely thrilled to be leading commercial teams across such iconic food brands, titles and websites that I have been inspired by so many times over the years. It is also an exciting time for Immediate Media Co and I am delighted to be a part of it."Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Digital Designer Mobile - ASAP Nakama £250 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Studio Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Research and Insight Executive Pitch Consultants £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Senior Client Manager Brand Consultancy Packaging Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Account Director - communications agency Gabriele Skelton £60000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood