Immediate Media hires Jason Elson as ad director
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 03 August 2012 11:00AM
Jason Elson has joined Immediate Media in the new role of ad director across the company's food portfolio.
Elson will be responsible for all revenue streams across the entire food portfolio including Good Food, Olive, Delicious and associated digital products. He will report directly to Immediate Media's advertising managing director, Matt Teeman.
Elson has previously held ad director posts at Haymarket Consumer Media on FourFourTwo and the National Magazine Company (now Hearst) on Men's Health.
His last role was a return to Men's Health as acting ad director for five months earlier this year.
The announcement comes shortly after it was revealed that Immediate would be making around 25 job cuts across its sales and editorial team in June.
Teeman said: "Jason is a welcome addition to the team in this newly created role.
"He brings a really strong balance of both print and digital experience and therefore is perfectly placed to continue to grow cross media revenues across the food portfolio."
Elson said: "As a huge foodie, I’m absolutely thrilled to be leading commercial teams across such iconic food brands, titles and websites that I have been inspired by so many times over the years. It is also an exciting time for Immediate Media Co and I am delighted to be a part of it."Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Account Manager (B2B) - Integrated agency - Central London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000-£32000, West Central London
- Senior Digital (UI/UX) Designer become £40k-£45k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Copywriter The Great & The Good £70000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Campaign Manager (Ops & Planning) - Media Agency Silverdrum Up to £42,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch