Immediate Media hires Jason Elson as ad director
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 03 August 2012 11:00AM
Jason Elson has joined Immediate Media in the new role of ad director across the company's food portfolio.
Elson will be responsible for all revenue streams across the entire food portfolio including Good Food, Olive, Delicious and associated digital products. He will report directly to Immediate Media's advertising managing director, Matt Teeman.
Elson has previously held ad director posts at Haymarket Consumer Media on FourFourTwo and the National Magazine Company (now Hearst) on Men's Health.
His last role was a return to Men's Health as acting ad director for five months earlier this year.
The announcement comes shortly after it was revealed that Immediate would be making around 25 job cuts across its sales and editorial team in June.
Teeman said: "Jason is a welcome addition to the team in this newly created role.
"He brings a really strong balance of both print and digital experience and therefore is perfectly placed to continue to grow cross media revenues across the food portfolio."
Elson said: "As a huge foodie, I’m absolutely thrilled to be leading commercial teams across such iconic food brands, titles and websites that I have been inspired by so many times over the years. It is also an exciting time for Immediate Media Co and I am delighted to be a part of it."Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Social Media Manager/Director Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Senior Online Trading/Commercial Manager Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Video Sales Account Manager Salt £35 - £45 per annum + Com, City of London
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne