Sky's Harry's Back fantasy football campaign goes live
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 August 2012 11:55AM
Sky Bet's fantasy football campaign featuring ex-Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp has launched today (3 August) with a tongue-in-cheek creative that features his pet dog.
The ad, created by online betting company Sky Bet and agency Us, broke this morning at 6.30am during 'Good Morning Sports Fans' on Sky Sports 1.
The ad is part of a series of executions to promote Sky's online betting service and fantasy football competition, which allows registered consumers to win up to £25,000.
The work features Redknapp attempting to paint a portrait of his pet pitbull. He produces an unhappy picture of the dog before giving up and saying, "Take up a hobby they said. So I did. I'm a football manager."
The scene is followed by a push to a dedicated side, www.skysports.com/fantasyfootball, while a voiceover says, "Ladies and gentlemen, Harry’s back! Managing a team of Sky Sports fantasy football. Join him and select up to two teams for free."
The ads run across Sky sports programmes and channels, supported by digital and social media activity. The remaining executions in the series are expected to feature Redknapp’s wife.
Redknapp's pitbull became front page news earlier this year during his court case for tax evasion charges, for which he was acquitted. The manager said he had deposited money in the name of his dog, Rosie.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Retail Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £32000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, Manchester
- Marketing Campaigns Officer Brand Recruitment £37000 per annum, Peterborough
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum + pro rata - 6 month contract, West London
- Marketing Assistant Â– B2B Retail, £23k (Mat Cover) Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £21000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Customer Data Manager Stopgap £43000 per annum, Bedfordshire
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Kevin Dundas leaves Droga5 Europe
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity