Wonga.com to sponsor Red or Black? game show
Wonga.com, the controversial short-term loans company, has signed a deal to sponsor the second series of 'Red or Black?', the game show produced jointly by ITV Studios and Simon Cowell's Syco.
The new series starts later this month and will be broadcast every Saturday for seven weeks, as the contestants compete in "large-scale stunts" and "nerve-wracking challenges" to win cash prizes.
The first series of 'Red or Black?' was stripped across a week in September 2011, and although its audiences lagged behind previous Syco ratings-winners such as 'The X Factor', ITV said it was the highest-performing entertainment launch in five years.
In a change from last year, half the cash (£500,000 rather than £1m) will offered on each show, but if it is not won, the amount will be rolled over each week and the final prize could reach a whopping £3.5m.
Darryl Bowman, head of marketing at Wonga.com, said: "We're pleased to be supporting such a big show, which, like our service, has been a hit with a mainstream audience from the beginning.
"The new 'Red or Black?' will guarantee viewers a big Saturday night and a must-watch evening of TV."
Wonga.com's integrated sponsorship will include broadcast, online and mobile elements, and will push Wonga's wider 'Straight-talking money' activity.
The sponsorship was negotiated by PHD and the idents will be created by Albion.
Simon Daglish, group commercial sales director, ITV, said: "We're delighted to welcome Wonga on board as part of a multi-platform sponsorship for the all-new second series of this game show extravaganza."
The first series of 'Red or Black?' was sponsored by pizza delivery firm Domino's.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- MID-WEIGHT DIGITAL DESIGNER - LONDON - £30K Salt £30000 per annum, City of London
- CRM & Acquisition Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, South East England
- UK Trade Marketing Manager - Fishcare Products Online Resourcing Comprehensive Salary & Benefits Package, Waltham, Melton Mowbray, Leics.
- Front End Developer JM Digital £350 per day, North London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%