Wonga.com to sponsor Red or Black? game show
Wonga.com, the controversial short-term loans company, has signed a deal to sponsor the second series of 'Red or Black?', the game show produced jointly by ITV Studios and Simon Cowell's Syco.
The new series starts later this month and will be broadcast every Saturday for seven weeks, as the contestants compete in "large-scale stunts" and "nerve-wracking challenges" to win cash prizes.
The first series of 'Red or Black?' was stripped across a week in September 2011, and although its audiences lagged behind previous Syco ratings-winners such as 'The X Factor', ITV said it was the highest-performing entertainment launch in five years.
In a change from last year, half the cash (£500,000 rather than £1m) will offered on each show, but if it is not won, the amount will be rolled over each week and the final prize could reach a whopping £3.5m.
Darryl Bowman, head of marketing at Wonga.com, said: "We're pleased to be supporting such a big show, which, like our service, has been a hit with a mainstream audience from the beginning.
"The new 'Red or Black?' will guarantee viewers a big Saturday night and a must-watch evening of TV."
Wonga.com's integrated sponsorship will include broadcast, online and mobile elements, and will push Wonga's wider 'Straight-talking money' activity.
The sponsorship was negotiated by PHD and the idents will be created by Albion.
Simon Daglish, group commercial sales director, ITV, said: "We're delighted to welcome Wonga on board as part of a multi-platform sponsorship for the all-new second series of this game show extravaganza."
The first series of 'Red or Black?' was sponsored by pizza delivery firm Domino's.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Freelance SEO Consultant Major Players £200 - £250 per day, London
- Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £28000 - £34000 per annum + benefits, Chester
- Senior Conceptual Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Oxfordshire