Visa celebrates Usain Bolt's win
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 07 August 2012 09:12AM
Visa Europe has turned around a 10-second ad featuring Usain Bolt's 100 metres Olympic win, which took place on Sunday night (5 August) and was watched by 20 million UK viewers, as part of its 'Flow Faster' campaign.
The ad launched on Facebook and TV yesterday (6 August). It has been created by Saatchi & Saatchi and will appear in the UK and Turkey, and across websites in Europe, MSN and YouTube.
It features Bolt running around a track and pulling his signature "lightning bolt" gesture. A voiceover says: "Congratulations Usain on flowing faster".
Bolt, Visa Europe's innovation ambassador, won the 100 metres men's final in 9.63 seconds, setting a new Olympic record.
Visa, a worldwide sponsor of the Olympic Games, launched its 'Flow Faster' campaign in March, featuring Bolt and cameo appearances of athletes from 'Team Visa Europe'.
The ad ran in 19 markets. It promotes Visa's payment services, which include contactless and mobile payments.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- ACCOUNT MANAGER CHARITY & EDUCATION Barker Graves Up to £35k + bens, North London
- Unity Artist - Busy Studio ADLIB £30000 - £40000 per annum, Gloucestershire
- Account Director become £45k-£60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- B2B Marketing Executive Stopgap £30000 per annum, London
- Digital Production Planner Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Competitive Salary, Nottinghamshire
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch