Visa celebrates Usain Bolt's win
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 07 August 2012 09:12AM
Visa Europe has turned around a 10-second ad featuring Usain Bolt's 100 metres Olympic win, which took place on Sunday night (5 August) and was watched by 20 million UK viewers, as part of its 'Flow Faster' campaign.
The ad launched on Facebook and TV yesterday (6 August). It has been created by Saatchi & Saatchi and will appear in the UK and Turkey, and across websites in Europe, MSN and YouTube.
It features Bolt running around a track and pulling his signature "lightning bolt" gesture. A voiceover says: "Congratulations Usain on flowing faster".
Bolt, Visa Europe's innovation ambassador, won the 100 metres men's final in 9.63 seconds, setting a new Olympic record.
Visa, a worldwide sponsor of the Olympic Games, launched its 'Flow Faster' campaign in March, featuring Bolt and cameo appearances of athletes from 'Team Visa Europe'.
The ad ran in 19 markets. It promotes Visa's payment services, which include contactless and mobile payments.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Project Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £19000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Marketing & Comms Executive Major Players £28000 - £35000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Designer Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Designer - UI Designer Zebra People £30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Copywriter - Conceptual, Charity, Direct Marketing Agency ADLIB Upto £50k, Bristol
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers