Visa celebrates Usain Bolt's win
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 07 August 2012 09:12AM
Visa Europe has turned around a 10-second ad featuring Usain Bolt's 100 metres Olympic win, which took place on Sunday night (5 August) and was watched by 20 million UK viewers, as part of its 'Flow Faster' campaign.
The ad launched on Facebook and TV yesterday (6 August). It has been created by Saatchi & Saatchi and will appear in the UK and Turkey, and across websites in Europe, MSN and YouTube.
It features Bolt running around a track and pulling his signature "lightning bolt" gesture. A voiceover says: "Congratulations Usain on flowing faster".
Bolt, Visa Europe's innovation ambassador, won the 100 metres men's final in 9.63 seconds, setting a new Olympic record.
Visa, a worldwide sponsor of the Olympic Games, launched its 'Flow Faster' campaign in March, featuring Bolt and cameo appearances of athletes from 'Team Visa Europe'.
The ad ran in 19 markets. It promotes Visa's payment services, which include contactless and mobile payments.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - various accounts - up to £30k + bens Barker Graves Up to £30k plus bens, Central London
- Account Manager - Global Omnichannel Marketing Analytics Leader Recruitment Revolution £25,000 to £35,000 + 10% bonus + pension, Brighton, East Sussex
- Community Marketing Coordinator - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Advertising Technology Executive - Media Owner (Music & Ents) Silverdrum Up to £35,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- BBC social media manager calls for brands to add value
- Dave Trott: Great advertising isn't just gimmicks
- Johnny Fearless closes after client departure
- WPP launches Xaxis Audio with Global
- Google aims to hold brands' hands with 'programmatic playbook'
- Manning Gottlieb OMD, MediaCom and PHD head shortlist for 2015 Thinkbox TV Planning Awards