Bond is back on a dedicated Sky Movies channel
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 07 August 2012 12:04PM
Sky Movies is to launch a dedicated James Bond film channel following its snatch and grab of the superspy's back catalogue from ITV after more than 30 years.
The broadcaster will offer the full James Bond film catalogue from Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios (MGM) in high-definition on the Sky Movies 007 HD channel throughout October 2012.
In addition to the MGM movies, The 1967 Bond spoof 'Casino Royale' starring David Niven, and 1983's 'Never Say Never Again', starring Sean Connery and a debuting Kim Basinger, will also be screened.
The series will also be available on-demand via Sky Anytime+ and Sky Go, the multiplatform TV service for PC, Mac, laptop, iPhone, iPad and Android phones.
Ian Lewis, director of Sky Movies, said: "The Bond movies are a very special franchise and we want to ensure that our customers will be able to experience it in a way they’ve never been able to before, and so we’re going to create a dedicated channel Sky Movies 007 HD devoted entirely to James Bond showing the entire catalogue of films and loads of extra material."
The catalogue will be available via Now TV, the new internet TV service from Sky. The twenty-third film in the franchise, 'Skyfall', will be available to rent through Sky Store and on Sky Movies in 2013.
BSky B took over the rights to broadcast the 50-year old franchise from ITV in April.
Sky Media will handle a key sponsorship proposal for the channel and also spot advertising.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Corporate Marketing Manager University of Westminster £43, 272 p.a. (incl. L.W.A.), Central London
- New Business Development Manager - Creative Agency - £15k to £20k OTE £30k to £35k Stonor £15k to£20k with OTE £30k - £35k, Northants
- Digital Project Manager Guru Careers £28 - 35k (DOE), Based in Farringdon, Central London (EC1)
- EXPERIENTIAL Junior or Senior Account Managers x 4, Account Director and Producers - perm/freelance Judi Patton £23K-£45K or freelance rates, London - all areas
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%