Bond is back on a dedicated Sky Movies channel
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 07 August 2012 12:04PM
Sky Movies is to launch a dedicated James Bond film channel following its snatch and grab of the superspy's back catalogue from ITV after more than 30 years.
The broadcaster will offer the full James Bond film catalogue from Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios (MGM) in high-definition on the Sky Movies 007 HD channel throughout October 2012.
In addition to the MGM movies, The 1967 Bond spoof 'Casino Royale' starring David Niven, and 1983's 'Never Say Never Again', starring Sean Connery and a debuting Kim Basinger, will also be screened.
The series will also be available on-demand via Sky Anytime+ and Sky Go, the multiplatform TV service for PC, Mac, laptop, iPhone, iPad and Android phones.
Ian Lewis, director of Sky Movies, said: "The Bond movies are a very special franchise and we want to ensure that our customers will be able to experience it in a way they’ve never been able to before, and so we’re going to create a dedicated channel Sky Movies 007 HD devoted entirely to James Bond showing the entire catalogue of films and loads of extra material."
The catalogue will be available via Now TV, the new internet TV service from Sky. The twenty-third film in the franchise, 'Skyfall', will be available to rent through Sky Store and on Sky Movies in 2013.
BSky B took over the rights to broadcast the 50-year old franchise from ITV in April.
Sky Media will handle a key sponsorship proposal for the channel and also spot advertising.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- SEO Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show