Bond is back on a dedicated Sky Movies channel
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 07 August 2012 12:04PM
Sky Movies is to launch a dedicated James Bond film channel following its snatch and grab of the superspy's back catalogue from ITV after more than 30 years.
The broadcaster will offer the full James Bond film catalogue from Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios (MGM) in high-definition on the Sky Movies 007 HD channel throughout October 2012.
In addition to the MGM movies, The 1967 Bond spoof 'Casino Royale' starring David Niven, and 1983's 'Never Say Never Again', starring Sean Connery and a debuting Kim Basinger, will also be screened.
The series will also be available on-demand via Sky Anytime+ and Sky Go, the multiplatform TV service for PC, Mac, laptop, iPhone, iPad and Android phones.
Ian Lewis, director of Sky Movies, said: "The Bond movies are a very special franchise and we want to ensure that our customers will be able to experience it in a way they’ve never been able to before, and so we’re going to create a dedicated channel Sky Movies 007 HD devoted entirely to James Bond showing the entire catalogue of films and loads of extra material."
The catalogue will be available via Now TV, the new internet TV service from Sky. The twenty-third film in the franchise, 'Skyfall', will be available to rent through Sky Store and on Sky Movies in 2013.
BSky B took over the rights to broadcast the 50-year old franchise from ITV in April.
Sky Media will handle a key sponsorship proposal for the channel and also spot advertising.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- User Experience Design Lead - Integrated Agency - £65K plus bens The Creative Recruiter Up to £65K + bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager Brand Recruitment salary dependent on experience, Leicester
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned