TalkSport signs up international partners for football commentary
TalkSport, the UTV Media-owned sports radio station, has signed up Bell Media in Canada, Radio Sport in New Zealand, Citi FM in Ghana and Brila FM in Nigeria, as its first international broadcast partners.
Bell Media's TSN and Team stations, Radio Sport, and Citi FM, have signed an exclusive deal to broadcast TalkSport's live commentary from the Barclays Premier League and FA Cup in their broadcast areas.
Nigerian station Brila FM has signed a deal to be the exclusive partner of TalkSport's live Barclays Premier League commentary in Nigeria.
The ads accompanying the commentary will be sold locally and will be run alongside promotions for TalkSport's online commentary service, TalkSport Live.
A spokeswoman for TalkSport could not comment on the commercial aspects of the broadcast deals, but it is thought that they will generate revenue for the broadcaster, either through a licence and/or revenue share.
Samuel Attah-Mensah, managing director, Citi FM, said: "Our live commentary of the Barclays Premier League and the FA Cup reinforces Citi 97.3 FM as the relevant radio partner for Ghanaian audiences, with a balanced mix of the most authoritative news function, backed by innovative listener-driven programs in sport, business and events."
The four deals announced today (8 August) cover English commentary, but further broadcast partners are expected to be announced in due course.
TalkSport Live allows people outside the European Economic Area to listen to commentary from all 380 Barclays Premier League games in a range of languages, including English, Spanish and Mandarin, at TalkSport.com.
TalkSport secured the global rights to broadcast commentary from the Barclays Premier League outside the European Economic Area in April, and added the international FA Cup rights in late July.
Scott Taunton, chief executive, TalkSport, said: "I'm delighted to be working with these partners to bring our exclusive live coverage of the greatest league in the world to listeners around the globe.
"After one of the most exciting seasons in the history of the Premier League, we'll be bringing all of the drama, goals and news live to fans throughout the upcoming season."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Agency Account Manager - out of home media (OTE £55k) Ascent Solutions Up to £35,000 Basic, £55,000 OTE (uncapped) + 25 days holiday, pension & many other great benefits, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London ...
- Comms Planning Manager Ascent Solutions £55,000 + Great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (...
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns