Tetley TV ad drops Tea Folk
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 09 August 2012 08:45AM
Tetley's latest TV campaign, created by Dare, airs for the first time this weekend and marks a change in strategy for the brand, as it confines the Tea Folk to the back burner.
The TV ad airs on Monday (13 August) and features a young woman updating her social media page with a post that she's got a dream job. Before posting, she imagines the kind of clichéd responses she would get from her social media network.
She then realises, thanks to Tetley, that she would much rather share her news, face to face, over a cup of tea with her best friends. The ad concludes with the real friends enjoying their tea and friendly banter.
Along with the TV campaign, Tetley is revamping its pack design across the whole range, which gives the Gaffer and the other Tea Folk a contemporary makeover.
Tetley is also sponsoring Channel 5 family movies with a selection of idents that highlight the new brand positioning. In addition, the brand is running a radio promotion with Heart FM, and a digital and sampling activity.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account