Tetley TV ad drops Tea Folk
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 09 August 2012 08:45AM
Tetley's latest TV campaign, created by Dare, airs for the first time this weekend and marks a change in strategy for the brand, as it confines the Tea Folk to the back burner.
The TV ad airs on Monday (13 August) and features a young woman updating her social media page with a post that she's got a dream job. Before posting, she imagines the kind of clichéd responses she would get from her social media network.
She then realises, thanks to Tetley, that she would much rather share her news, face to face, over a cup of tea with her best friends. The ad concludes with the real friends enjoying their tea and friendly banter.
Along with the TV campaign, Tetley is revamping its pack design across the whole range, which gives the Gaffer and the other Tea Folk a contemporary makeover.
Tetley is also sponsoring Channel 5 family movies with a selection of idents that highlight the new brand positioning. In addition, the brand is running a radio promotion with Heart FM, and a digital and sampling activity.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director Twist Recruitment £40000 - £60000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Director Twist Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, City of London
- Project Manager (Digital) Major Players £28000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits , London
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Notonthehighstreet sponsors London Underground 'baby on board' badge
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- Mother backs new integrated agency The Romans
- The Sun cuts topless models on Page 3