Tetley TV ad drops Tea Folk
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 09 August 2012 08:45AM
Tetley's latest TV campaign, created by Dare, airs for the first time this weekend and marks a change in strategy for the brand, as it confines the Tea Folk to the back burner.
The TV ad airs on Monday (13 August) and features a young woman updating her social media page with a post that she's got a dream job. Before posting, she imagines the kind of clichéd responses she would get from her social media network.
She then realises, thanks to Tetley, that she would much rather share her news, face to face, over a cup of tea with her best friends. The ad concludes with the real friends enjoying their tea and friendly banter.
Along with the TV campaign, Tetley is revamping its pack design across the whole range, which gives the Gaffer and the other Tea Folk a contemporary makeover.
Tetley is also sponsoring Channel 5 family movies with a selection of idents that highlight the new brand positioning. In addition, the brand is running a radio promotion with Heart FM, and a digital and sampling activity.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- CONTENT QA - GERMAN SPEAKING Live Recruitment £15000 - £18000 per annum + Benefits, Birmingham
- WEBSITE ASSISTANT - ARABIC SPEAKING Live Recruitment £14000 - £16500 per annum + Benefits, Birmingham
- MIDDLEWEIGHT 3D DESIGNER - EVENTS Live Recruitment Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- E-commerce Trading & Merchandising Manager Stopgap £52000 - £57000 per annum + Benefits, West London
- SENIOR 3D DESIGNER - EVENTS Live Recruitment Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'