Tetley TV ad drops Tea Folk
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 09 August 2012 08:45AM
Tetley's latest TV campaign, created by Dare, airs for the first time this weekend and marks a change in strategy for the brand, as it confines the Tea Folk to the back burner.
The TV ad airs on Monday (13 August) and features a young woman updating her social media page with a post that she's got a dream job. Before posting, she imagines the kind of clichéd responses she would get from her social media network.
She then realises, thanks to Tetley, that she would much rather share her news, face to face, over a cup of tea with her best friends. The ad concludes with the real friends enjoying their tea and friendly banter.
Along with the TV campaign, Tetley is revamping its pack design across the whole range, which gives the Gaffer and the other Tea Folk a contemporary makeover.
Tetley is also sponsoring Channel 5 family movies with a selection of idents that highlight the new brand positioning. In addition, the brand is running a radio promotion with Heart FM, and a digital and sampling activity.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Planner Buyer - Revolutionary Media Agency!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £25000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief