Tetley TV ad drops Tea Folk
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 09 August 2012 08:45AM
Tetley's latest TV campaign, created by Dare, airs for the first time this weekend and marks a change in strategy for the brand, as it confines the Tea Folk to the back burner.
The TV ad airs on Monday (13 August) and features a young woman updating her social media page with a post that she's got a dream job. Before posting, she imagines the kind of clichéd responses she would get from her social media network.
She then realises, thanks to Tetley, that she would much rather share her news, face to face, over a cup of tea with her best friends. The ad concludes with the real friends enjoying their tea and friendly banter.
Along with the TV campaign, Tetley is revamping its pack design across the whole range, which gives the Gaffer and the other Tea Folk a contemporary makeover.
Tetley is also sponsoring Channel 5 family movies with a selection of idents that highlight the new brand positioning. In addition, the brand is running a radio promotion with Heart FM, and a digital and sampling activity.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014