Top 10 most-shared Usain Bolt ads of all time
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 09 August 2012 11:13AM
As Usain Bolt prepares to take centre stage again in the 200-metres final tonight (9 August) during the London 2012 Games, Campaign takes a look at the fastest man on earth's most-shared ads of all time.
With 20 million tuning in to see Bolt win the 100 metres final on Sunday, the world has reignited its love affair with the Jamaican sprinter.
London 2012 sponsor, Visa ad "flow faster" by Saatchi and Saatchi, which launched earlier this year, has leaped to the top of the most-shared Usain Bolt ads of all time, reaching seven million people.
ESPN's "this is sportscenter" by Wieden & Kennedy is the second most-shared Usain Bolt ad, having been shared by nearly six million people.
Virgin Media's popular "I am Richard Branson" ad by DDB is the fifth most-shared ad, while Puma’s "Nomadz & Usain Bolt’ ad by Droga5 was in 10th in the chart after being shared nearly 600 times.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30 days ago are not included.
1. Visa 'Usain Bolt vs. London' by Saatchi & Saatchi
2. ESPN 'this is sportscenter' by Wieden & Kennedy
3. Gatorade 'the quest for G' by TBWA/Chiat/Day
4. Puma 'Bolt arms' by Droga5
5. Virgin Media 'I am Richard Branson' by DDB
6. Puma 'evoSpeed' by Droga5
7. Jamaica Tourist Board 'once you go, you know' by Drafctfcb
8. Jamaica Tourist Board 'speed' by Draftfcb
9. Jamaica Tourist Board 'one love' by Draftfcb
10. Puma 'Nomadz & Usain Bolt' by Droga5
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Co-ordinator AF Selection Up to £25,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Digital Account Manager Source £150 - £180 per day, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned