Top 10 most-shared Usain Bolt ads of all time
As Usain Bolt prepares to take centre stage again in the 200-metres final tonight (9 August) during the London 2012 Games, Campaign takes a look at the fastest man on earth's most-shared ads of all time.
With 20 million tuning in to see Bolt win the 100 metres final on Sunday, the world has reignited its love affair with the Jamaican sprinter.
London 2012 sponsor, Visa ad "flow faster" by Saatchi and Saatchi, which launched earlier this year, has leaped to the top of the most-shared Usain Bolt ads of all time, reaching seven million people.
ESPN's "this is sportscenter" by Wieden & Kennedy is the second most-shared Usain Bolt ad, having been shared by nearly six million people.
Virgin Media's popular "I am Richard Branson" ad by DDB is the fifth most-shared ad, while Puma’s "Nomadz & Usain Bolt’ ad by Droga5 was in 10th in the chart after being shared nearly 600 times.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30 days ago are not included.
1. Visa 'Usain Bolt vs. London' by Saatchi & Saatchi
2. ESPN 'this is sportscenter' by Wieden & Kennedy
3. Gatorade 'the quest for G' by TBWA/Chiat/Day
4. Puma 'Bolt arms' by Droga5
5. Virgin Media 'I am Richard Branson' by DDB
6. Puma 'evoSpeed' by Droga5
7. Jamaica Tourist Board 'once you go, you know' by Drafctfcb
8. Jamaica Tourist Board 'speed' by Draftfcb
9. Jamaica Tourist Board 'one love' by Draftfcb
10. Puma 'Nomadz & Usain Bolt' by Droga5
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater), South East
- Junior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand & Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff