Campaign Viral Chart: P&G Olympic ad takes silver
By Ben Hall, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 August 2012 09:00AM
P&G's popular "US winners" ad has raced to silver in this week's chart with 94,968 shares, as the Olympic Games draw to a close.
The ad, created by Wieden & Kennedy Portland, follows the story of US gymnast Gabrielle Douglas who won two gold medals during this year's Games.
It came second to an ad for 'The Walking Dead', which remains on top for a second week. The 'Walking Dead' film, created by Thinkmodo, features a cast of zombies who take to the streets of New York.
Olympic sponsor Samsung once again entered the chart, this time with two ads based around its Galaxy Note tablet.
The spots, both created by Cheil, came in fourth and sixth place with a combined share total of 104,664 – still not enough to take the gold.
Nike has again challenged its Olympic-sponsor rival, adidas, with the latest instalment in their 'Find Your Greatness' campaign.
Nike's "jogger" ad, created by Wieden & Kennedy, follows an overweight 12-year-old from London, Ohio.
The video, which includes more than a minute of footage of the child running, is accompanied by a voice-over proclaiming "greatness is made up" and "we're all capable of it".
An ad for Nike's Jordan brand entered the chart in tenth place, racking up a further 12,000 shares for the brand's ad agency, Wieden & Kennedy New York.
A surreal ad for Little Baby's Ice Cream has been shared more than 90,000 times to take the bronze.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30-days ago are not included.
1. The Walking Dead 'could zombies live among us?' by Thinkmodo
197,448 shares this week
All time: 327,986 shares
2. P&G 'raising an olympian' by Wieden & Kennedy Portland
94,968 shares this week
All time: 124,428 shares
3. Little Baby's Ice Cream 'special time' created in-house
90,376 shares this week
All time: 97,318 shares
4. Samsung 'behind the scenes of the opening ceremony' by Cheil
55,914 shares this week
All time: 57,917 shares
5. Nike 'jogger' by Wieden & Kennedy Portland
52,252 shares this week
All time: 118,337 shares
6. Samsung 'introducing Galaxy Note' by Cheil
48,750 shares this week
All time: 62,475 shares
7. Louis Vuitton 'word' by Ogilvy, France
15,289 shares this week
All time: 18,384 shares
8. Ragu 'long day of childhood' by Barton F Graf 9000
14,278 shares this week
All time: 45,283 shares
9. M&M's 'one track mind' by BBDO New York
13,072 shares this week
All time: 27,429 shares
10. Nike Jordan 'this is where it starts' by Wieden & Kennedy New York
12,382 shares this week
All time: 29,045 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Project Manager Emma & Rachael & You £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Press Officer Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head Of Strategy & Consumer Insight Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film