Greggs launches hunt for brand superfans
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 09 August 2012 11:50AM
Greggs has launched a competition to identify its most passionate fans in social media, with the winners receiving a free Greggs lunch every week for a year.
The baked goods retailer, which has over half a million fans on Facebook, is looking for what it punningly calls an ‘Arthur Million’, which is an enthusiastic and passionate fan who "loves Greggs the most".
It is encouring its fans to come up with ways of showing their love for Greggs, whether it be changing their name on Facebook, creating a song, or dressing up as a life size sandwich.
Graeme Nash, head of customer and marketing at Greggs said "Some of our customers have a great sense of humour and many are extremely passionate and creative. We are really excited to see how far they will go."
The campaign, created by Steel, runs for the next two weeks, with the winners being selected based on their creativity and flair.
Greggs, which has more than 1,600 shops nationwide and claims to serves over six million customers a week in the UK, has grown its Facebook page from 50,000 fans to half a million over the past two years.
The campaign taps into the trend for brands to identify and reward their biggest advocates in social media.
Unilever’s Marmite recently ran a competition to enlist more superfans into its ‘Marmarati’ secret society.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Brand & Marketing Capability Consultants Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £Attractive Salary & Benefits Package + Significant Bonus, Surrey
- Consumer & Market Insight Manager - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45K-£60K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Berks/West of London
- UK Head of Marketing FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£100-130K + Benefits Package, London
- Artworker fishtank £23000 - £33000 per annum, Bristol
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show