Cathedral City unveils first ad in three years
Cathedral City has rolled out its first major ad campaign in three years.
The heartwarming £5m ad by Grey London is the first for the brand since 2009, when it launched its 'Slice of Britain' campaign.
The first of three ads focuses on the comfort of home. The 60-second ad shows children running home from school against the emotive 'Homeward Bound' soundtrack, originally recorded by Paul Simon, and covered by musician, Ed Prosek. The reason they are running is to get home to their cheesy bake dinner being taken out of the oven.
The strapline reads, "Cathedral City, the nation's favourite cheese". The ad was directed by Simon Ratigan. UM handled the media planning and buying.
The other two spots will focus on the recently launched Cathedral City Selections and existing Cathedral City Extra Mature. The 20-second Selections ad will portray a range of fridge fly-by snacking occasions, while the 30-second Extra Mature creative will focus on savouring cheese-eating moments.
Jackie Wilson, marketing manager, Cathedral City, commented: "‘Slice of Britain' was extremely successful and this campaign goes a step further by adding the powerful effect of music to the mix and getting closer to those all-important cheese-eating moments. We believe the new ads and accompanying soundtrack will resonate strongly with consumers, driving greater loyalty and encouraging trial."
Vicki Maguire, creative director, Grey London, added: "This ad speaks to the inner kid in all of us, legging it home after school to make sure they were home in time for their favourite dinner. Ed's rendition of 'Homeward Bound' is the perfect evocation of this."Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires