Cathedral City unveils first ad in three years
Cathedral City has rolled out its first major ad campaign in three years.
The heartwarming £5m ad by Grey London is the first for the brand since 2009, when it launched its 'Slice of Britain' campaign.
The first of three ads focuses on the comfort of home. The 60-second ad shows children running home from school against the emotive 'Homeward Bound' soundtrack, originally recorded by Paul Simon, and covered by musician, Ed Prosek. The reason they are running is to get home to their cheesy bake dinner being taken out of the oven.
The strapline reads, "Cathedral City, the nation's favourite cheese". The ad was directed by Simon Ratigan. UM handled the media planning and buying.
The other two spots will focus on the recently launched Cathedral City Selections and existing Cathedral City Extra Mature. The 20-second Selections ad will portray a range of fridge fly-by snacking occasions, while the 30-second Extra Mature creative will focus on savouring cheese-eating moments.
Jackie Wilson, marketing manager, Cathedral City, commented: "‘Slice of Britain' was extremely successful and this campaign goes a step further by adding the powerful effect of music to the mix and getting closer to those all-important cheese-eating moments. We believe the new ads and accompanying soundtrack will resonate strongly with consumers, driving greater loyalty and encouraging trial."
Vicki Maguire, creative director, Grey London, added: "This ad speaks to the inner kid in all of us, legging it home after school to make sure they were home in time for their favourite dinner. Ed's rendition of 'Homeward Bound' is the perfect evocation of this."Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- CRM ANALYST - Luxury retail Success Digital negotiable, City of London
- Planning Director Dynamic New Alliances £100000 - £850000 per annum, City of London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014