P&G ups its game to increase global sports funding by $20m
Procter & Gamble, the global FMCG giant and worldwide partner of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), will be raising an extra $20m (£16.01m) for its global youth sports programme as part of its 'Thank You Mum' activity.
P&G announced yesterday (9 August) that it intends to raise an additional $20m over the next 10 years as part of its partnership with the IOC, to give children the opportunity to practise sports by supplying facilities and training across the globe.
The money will add to the $5m (£3.3m) already raised since January for the same cause, which has been collected from donations and a portion of sales from leading P&G brands, including Pampers, Tide, Gillette and Pantene.
Mark Pritchard, global brand building officer, P&G said: "Through our leadership brands we have already exceeded our goal of raising $5m in 2012. More than $6m is going to support sports development, school equipment, youth funds and scholarships, and places in summer sports camps across the world.
"This announcement means extending our plans until the end of our 10-year IOC partnership, working with NOCs [national Olympic committees] from around the world to increase the opportunity for more children to experience sporting and Olympic values."
A number of athletes have already signed up to the programme, including US Olympian Kerri Walsh, who helped to establish a youth fund in America and has partnered with Pampers to inspire babies to play.
Other supporters across P&G’s global markets include British marathon runner Paula Radcliffe, who is a Pampers spokeswoman; US Olympian Tyson Gay, who is part of the Gillette Get Started campaign, and Robbie Grabarz, the GB Olympian and bronze medallist.
P&G’s 'Thank You Mum' campaign started ahead of Mother's Day in April last year and has included a "home away from home" for athletes and their families at the London 2012 Olympic Games.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London