Ballantines unveils 'programmable T-shirt' campaign
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 August 2012 11:04AM
Ballantines, the Scotch whisky brand, is debuting a programmable, internet-connected T -shirt as "a canvas for digital creativity", as part of a brand campaign.
The activity, which forms the next stage of its 'Leave An Impression' campaign, created by Work Club, is centred on the 'tshirtOS', which connects to the internet using an inbuilt operating system controlled by a mobile app.
Users can programme a message to appear on the T-shirt, as well as playing music tracks from iTunes and take pictures using a small in-built digital camera.
It has launched a teaser video on YouTube and a page on Facebook, where people can register their interest. While the product is a prototype, Ballantines claims that if there is enough interest registered in the T-shirt, it will make it available at a cheaper price.
Work Club plans to launch a global campaign in the coming weeks to promote the T-shirt, involving a series of films featuring people testing the product in London, Mexico City and São Paulo.
Andy Sandoz, creative and innovation partner at Work Club said: "The T-shirt was the status update before the status update existed. This season, we've upgraded it for the digital generation, a new way to express yourself, to leave an impression. Something that the Ballantines brand is all about."
Last year, as part of its 'Leave An Impression' push, Work Club created a "human API" for Ballantines, allowing Facebook users to interact with tattooist K.A.R.L. and influence what he tattooed on a customers, as part of a live streamed video.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Freelance SEO Consultant Major Players £200 - £250 per day, London
- Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £28000 - £34000 per annum + benefits, Chester
- Senior Conceptual Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Oxfordshire