Ballantines unveils 'programmable T-shirt' campaign
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 August 2012 11:04AM
Ballantines, the Scotch whisky brand, is debuting a programmable, internet-connected T -shirt as "a canvas for digital creativity", as part of a brand campaign.
The activity, which forms the next stage of its 'Leave An Impression' campaign, created by Work Club, is centred on the 'tshirtOS', which connects to the internet using an inbuilt operating system controlled by a mobile app.
Users can programme a message to appear on the T-shirt, as well as playing music tracks from iTunes and take pictures using a small in-built digital camera.
It has launched a teaser video on YouTube and a page on Facebook, where people can register their interest. While the product is a prototype, Ballantines claims that if there is enough interest registered in the T-shirt, it will make it available at a cheaper price.
Work Club plans to launch a global campaign in the coming weeks to promote the T-shirt, involving a series of films featuring people testing the product in London, Mexico City and São Paulo.
Andy Sandoz, creative and innovation partner at Work Club said: "The T-shirt was the status update before the status update existed. This season, we've upgraded it for the digital generation, a new way to express yourself, to leave an impression. Something that the Ballantines brand is all about."
Last year, as part of its 'Leave An Impression' push, Work Club created a "human API" for Ballantines, allowing Facebook users to interact with tattooist K.A.R.L. and influence what he tattooed on a customers, as part of a live streamed video.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- PPC Lead - Leading Dig Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [BTL / Promotions / Digital] - £45k - £50k + bonus! Fill Recruitment £45k - £50k + superb bonus & benefits, London (Greater)
- Account Director [Contract] - BTL / Promotions - European role - to £50k pro rata Fill Recruitment to £50k pro rata, plus bonus and superb benefits., London (Greater)
- Biddable Account Manager - Award Winning Agency Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control