Cancer Research UK appoints Mother to Race For Life account
Cancer Research UK has appointed Mother to lead its Race For Life account, following a competitive pitch.
Mother will lead the charity's flagship fundraising campaign next year for Race For Life, which is the largest women-only fundraising event in the UK for cancer.
It will work with incumbent below-the-line agency, The Good Agency, digital agency Polymath, and media agency MediaCom for the 2013 campaign.
Cancer Research UK works with Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO for its separate advertising account. The agency, which created the recent "plain packaging" anti-smoking campaign for the charity, has been unaffected by the Race for Life pitch.
Anthony Newman, product marketing director, Cancer Research UK, said: "We are very excited to have appointed Mother for our Race for Life above-the-line campaign.
"We were extremely impressed by Mother's planning and creative at the pitch, and their subsequent response to our challenges. It looks like they've nailed both the brand and response elements that are critical to our strategy. This is no mean feat.
"We believe Mother will help Cancer Research UK achieve its ambitions to raise as much income as possible in the fight against cancer."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £27000 per annum, Southampton
- Senior Sales Execuitve - Ad Technology Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and benefits , London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency