Churchill launches first pet insurance ad
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 14 August 2012 07:00AM
Churchill, the insurance brand, is uniting its nodding dog brand ambassador with fellow canines and actor Martin Clunes in its debut ad for its pet insurance product.
The ad, created by WCRS, features real dogs travelling from all over the country, overcoming a series of obstacles, to thank the Churchill mascot for offering multi-pet insurance by giving him bones. The ad also features actor Clunes.
The creative directors were Jo Moore and Simon Robinson and the director was Dominic Brigstocke, while the production company was Tomboy.
The ad for the insurer, which is part of the Direct Line group owned by RBS, debuted last night (Monday).
Simultaneously Churchill also rolled out another ad for its home insurance. The spot, 'Lawnmower', sees Churchill and Martin at home in the garden on a lazy summer’s day.
Churchill creates 'Lawn Art' as a way of sharing the new home insurance offer with Clunes. Mediacom handled the media.
Churchill, which started out as a motor insurer, expanded into pet insurance in 1997 in the same year it moved into household insurance.
It signed up Martin Clunes to appear in its advertising in December. Previously Churchill has appeared with celebrities including Rolf Harris, Roy Walker, Melanie Sykes and Ricky Hatton.
Last month Marketing revealed Direct Line Group chief marketing officer Rick Vlemmiks was leaving the RBS-owned insurance group after just five months in the role.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Interim Senior Marketing Manager - Campaigns Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £60,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- International Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £55,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Marketing Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £43,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £Attractive, London (North), London (Greater)
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline