Churchill launches first pet insurance ad
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 14 August 2012 07:00AM
Churchill, the insurance brand, is uniting its nodding dog brand ambassador with fellow canines and actor Martin Clunes in its debut ad for its pet insurance product.
The ad, created by WCRS, features real dogs travelling from all over the country, overcoming a series of obstacles, to thank the Churchill mascot for offering multi-pet insurance by giving him bones. The ad also features actor Clunes.
The creative directors were Jo Moore and Simon Robinson and the director was Dominic Brigstocke, while the production company was Tomboy.
The ad for the insurer, which is part of the Direct Line group owned by RBS, debuted last night (Monday).
Simultaneously Churchill also rolled out another ad for its home insurance. The spot, 'Lawnmower', sees Churchill and Martin at home in the garden on a lazy summer’s day.
Churchill creates 'Lawn Art' as a way of sharing the new home insurance offer with Clunes. Mediacom handled the media.
Churchill, which started out as a motor insurer, expanded into pet insurance in 1997 in the same year it moved into household insurance.
It signed up Martin Clunes to appear in its advertising in December. Previously Churchill has appeared with celebrities including Rolf Harris, Roy Walker, Melanie Sykes and Ricky Hatton.
Last month Marketing revealed Direct Line Group chief marketing officer Rick Vlemmiks was leaving the RBS-owned insurance group after just five months in the role.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
- Dealer consultant / regional marketing manager - automotive David Thatcher Recruitment c£35k + car, South Buckinghamshire
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show