Diet Coke prepares 30th anniversary campaign
Diet Coke is putting its 30th birthday at the centre of its UK marketing plans for 2013, as the brand looks to engage with its core female target audience in the aftermath of the Olympic Games.
The brand, which was launched in the UK in 1983, will continue to target female consumers through activity based on the ‘empowerment of women’.
Zoe Howorth, market activation director for Coca-Cola Great Britain, said: ‘Women are always at the heart of our Diet Coke plans and we are currently looking at how we continue to celebrate the role of women and our Diet Coke-drinkers in 2013.’
Fashion designer Jean-Paul Gaultier is Diet Coke’s creative director and has contributed to design and advertising activity. It has not been confirmed whether the partnership with Gaultier will continue next year.
In the US, where the drink launched in 1982, celebrations have already started. Experiential activity involves guerrilla gangs of brand ambassadors throwing 30-second street parties for Diet Coke drinkers.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- New Business Director - Superb Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £negotiable, Central London
- Digital Media Consultant Silverdrum £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + uncapped commission, London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show