BetVictor brings in comedian Kaye for latest ad campaign
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 14 August 2012 11:31AM
BetVictor, the online betting brand chaired by the charismatic Victor Chandler, has unveiled its debut VCCP-created campaign, which is based on the idea that "Nothing should get in your way."
VCCP won the account in July after a four-way pitch overseen by Oystercatchers. The account moved from Home, which had worked on the business since 2011.
The campaign is based on the idea that "Nothing should get in your way" when gambling, and involves Chandler taking centre stage.
The campaign features Chandler telling excitable pundit 'Maurice', played by English comedian and actor Paul Kaye, to stop hassling him with crazy betting deals and simply go to BetVictor.com for the best odds.
Kaye made a name for himself in the mid-1990s as shock interviewer Dennis Pennis.
In its previous advertising, BetVictor has used TV presenter Paddy McGuinness, along with Chandler.
The campaign launches this week and will run across print, online, along with two 20-second TV ads showcasing the company's football and casino offerings.
Karl Riley, marketing director at BetVictor, said: "The campaign marks an exciting new directoion for the BetVictor brand. We've injected a truly unique personality into our communications, whilst renewing our focus on making the betting experience as enjoyable and easy as possible for our customers."
BetVictor offers an online casino experience as well as sports betting.
The company was founded in 1946 by the father of the current chairman, who was also called Victor Chandler.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £24,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director, maternity contract - high end creative for fashion, retail, luxury Story Recruitment £45-50k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood