Sainsbury's brings in Beckham for 'extraordinary' Paralympic push
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 14 August 2012 11:26AM
Sainsbury's is launching a 'here's to extraordinary' TV campaign starring David Beckham tomorrow (15 August) that will push its Paralympic Games sponsorship.
The creative focuses on ParalympicsGB athletes as they prepare for London 2012 and aims to highlight the dedication, determination and desire of the athletes.
Abbot Mead Vickers/BBDO created the TV execution that draws parallels with everyday moments and celebrates the extraordinary achievements of everyday people.
The spot will launch during Emmerdale on ITV at 7.15pm tomorrow, two weeks before the start of the Paralympic Games, and will feature Paralympic stars and Sainsbury's Active Kids ambassador Ellie Simmonds.
Ellie Simmonds is competing in the swimming, while other sporting stars include archer Melanie Clarke, athletes Jonnie Peacock and David Weir, basketball players Helen Turner and Claire Strange, cyclist Jon-Allan Butterworth and fencers Simon Wilson and Craig McCann.
Jat Sahota, head of sponsorship at Sainsbury's, said: ""We wanted to showcase how each of us – from athlete to the person on the street – takes an extraordinary path in our own lives, and David was fantastic in his support.
"It is a pleasure to work with someone who is so committed to inclusive sport, which echoes our view of promoting healthier, more active lifestyles for all."
Beckham has already starred in a Sainsbury’s ad, which featured him having a go at blind football in order to raise the profile of the Paralympic sport.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT MANAGER / £35K + Benefits Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show