Spotify's Chris Maples promoted to VP role
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 15 August 2012 08:00AM
Spotify has promoted UK managing director Chris Maples to the role of vice president of Europe.
Maples joined Spotify in April 2011, holding a dual role as UK managing director, running the UK office, and European sales director, responsible for the overall development of the sales teams, inventory and relationships with advertisers across Europe.
Prior to Spotify, Maples worked at Microsoft Advertising as its commercial director, leaving in January 2011.
A spokeswoman for the music streaming service confirmed that Maples' has been promoted to the new role, but she did not give details on what his remit as vice president entails.
It is unclear if Maple's previous roles will be filled or subsumed into the new role.
During his time at Spotify, the company has announced a major integration with Facebook, and a strategic global partnership with Coca-Cola.
In March this year Spotify knocked Specific Media off the top of the IPA’s media owner survey.
It has also launched in 15 countries, including the US and Australia.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £70,000 + benefits, London
- Planner, Top Direct Marketing/Digital Agency London Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £65,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show