Spotify's Chris Maples promoted to VP role
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 15 August 2012 08:00AM
Spotify has promoted UK managing director Chris Maples to the role of vice president of Europe.
Maples joined Spotify in April 2011, holding a dual role as UK managing director, running the UK office, and European sales director, responsible for the overall development of the sales teams, inventory and relationships with advertisers across Europe.
Prior to Spotify, Maples worked at Microsoft Advertising as its commercial director, leaving in January 2011.
A spokeswoman for the music streaming service confirmed that Maples' has been promoted to the new role, but she did not give details on what his remit as vice president entails.
It is unclear if Maple's previous roles will be filled or subsumed into the new role.
During his time at Spotify, the company has announced a major integration with Facebook, and a strategic global partnership with Coca-Cola.
In March this year Spotify knocked Specific Media off the top of the IPA’s media owner survey.
It has also launched in 15 countries, including the US and Australia.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Client Development Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus, London
- Client Development Director - Loyalty - London Stopgap £55000 per annum + bonus, London
- Head of Campaign Management Stopgap £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition